Forums Latest Members

A new addition to my collection, the rare 1970 certina DS2 red dial

1. georgeszaslavsky Feb 6, 2021

Good Afternoon

One can enjoy rare and very high quality vintages without going into excessive budgets. It was once again the case for me with this extremely rare Certina DS2 from 1970 with red dial, in house movement 25-651 and anti-shock system mounted on DS2 suspension, all in NOS condition. I am a fan of vintage Certina watches because they are cheaper than vintage Omega or Zenith watches but just as qualitative and precise.
    I wish you a very friendly and enjoyable weekend.

Very best regards and stay safe

Georges
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ConElPueblo Feb 6, 2021

Congratulations on a great looking watch - these DS-2s with colourful dials are fantastic watches and I agree with you wholeheartedly about the preference for these over other contemporary Swiss manufacturers. The bracelet on yours is cool too and the better of the two I normally see on DS-2s.

I would advise against labeling this one as either "rare" or close to NOS condition. They come up for sale regularly and at the moment I can find three or four of them advertised. The case has seen a fair amount of polish as witnessed by the nicks in polished areas that have been smoothed out by the polishing wheel and the caseback is fairly worn. The turtle shell part of the caseback should be a matt finish if it had been only sparingly worn.

CameronD likes this.
  3. amcclell Feb 6, 2021

Beautiful watch Georges, I have been admiring the collection of Certinas that you have assembled over the past year or two. I assume you are keeping them all.

4. georgeszaslavsky Feb 6, 2021

Often the ones you see for sale have beyond poor condition dial and hands, completely abused cases, lack of the antishock ds ring, not overhauled movements which are often in average condition. What makes it rare is the condition of dial, hands, movement, crown and even if the case has seen polishing but it doesn't bother me much, it is still in much better condition than the ones I see for sale. The caseback is fine for me even though you are correct on this part.

5. georgeszaslavsky Feb 6, 2021

I always keep what I buy. I must have sold 1 watch in 25 years. I am not a watch flipper.

Danwales, amcclell and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. ConElPueblo Feb 6, 2021

We must fish in different waters - I am happy to be without the competition :D

georgeszaslavsky likes this.