Forums Latest Members

A Most English Moon but Not a Phase

1. Clintos77 May 5, 2019

Hi guys,

Clint here from the UK..
    Long time lurker, first time poster so hi everyone and hope you're all having a fantastic weekend .

Well where do i start ...

Firstly i have been around the Omega Brand from when i was a kid, my Father owned several as i was growing up and all he ever purchased was De Villes.

He gave me one of his for my 18th birthday but as i was at that age i dont think i really appreciated it as i should have and basically i never bothered to wear it and gave it him back as growing up the fashion for an average 20/ 3 year old manual worker for a nice watch was probably a Tag Heuer but i never really fancied one.

Most recently ive had the birth of my first and only son in my early 40s and his birth planted the Omega seed back in my head, i thought it was about time i started looking into one for myself .

To cut a long story short i did my research with huge help from this forum while lurking and had convinced myself on the Speedy Pro however when the new Seamaster 300 came out i fell in love with that too. (Future purchase maybe) haha

This is where the forum really came to my aid when i read that you really must try them on at an AD because they fit differenty...

After trying both on my wrist it was a no brainer!
    Also i tried on the FOIS which issyantly didnt feel right for me ...pretty weird how you just get a feel for the watch for you isn't it ?

So here is my new

Omega Speedmaster Pro (hesalite)

Hopefully i can pass it down to my son in the future and he will be more appreciating than i was ...however as we know the Speedy Pro never goes out of fashion ....

Looking forwards to contributing my penny worth on the forum guys

20190504_234501.jpg 20190504_232314.jpg IMG_20190504_190744_211.jpg 20190504_184007.jpg 20190504_183913.jpg 20190505_142714.jpg
  2. gpssti4 May 5, 2019

Congratulations. It’s a great watch that your son will most likely cherish. Make sure you use it and get some life marks on it - otherwise it’ll just be another new (old stock) watch for him.

Clintos77 likes this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 5, 2019

Beautiful!

So what's next?

And what ever happened to that DeVille?

Clintos77 likes this.
  4. boraxman May 6, 2019

Beauty!

Clintos77 likes this.
  5. Omega-Q May 6, 2019

Congratulations on your purchase! That is next on my buy list...the classic Hesalite Moonwatch! And, congrats on the birth of your son as well! You will probably have a nice patina when it comes to to "gift" him your watch! :)

Clintos77 likes this.
  6. Theluglife May 6, 2019

congrats and excellent choice! Cant go wrong with a moonwatch!

Clintos77 likes this.
  7. Folgono May 6, 2019

Congrats and welcome! Now what we all want to know is what happened to the several De Ville your father had ?

Clintos77 likes this.
  8. Clintos77 May 6, 2019

hi guys and thanks for the comments and questions

The watch will be worn, no intention of keeping it boxed up and protected, a watch for me is meant to be worn and it will be worn well, just not in a trade to wear for work haha ..

What’s next ......hmmmm... far too many lovely pieces out there I think now’s the time just to enjoy this one for now although when I picked it up and was walking through the shopping centre after having the bracelet resized I found myself eyeing up several more much to my partners rolling eyes

The De Villes?.. I believe my father still has a couple so ...yes I know ...next time I’m round there I promises to get some photos !

9. Tigeranteater May 6, 2019

Great looking watch!

Clintos77 likes this.
  10. WatchShopping May 6, 2019

Congrats on the watch! You've really chosen quite a timeless piece but I think the thing that he would cherish the most when he receives this watch is the memories he has of you when you're wearing it. :)

11. Clintos77 May 6, 2019

Lovely thing to say

Thank you

WatchShopping likes this.