Forums Latest Members

A Moment of Silence Please...

1. SC1 Feb 15, 2023

) or it's DOA and I am going MoonSwatch ($) with a bridge or going Moonwatch Professional ($$$) with an implant.

On that note- anyone here have experience with the aforementioned choices:
    Bridge or Implant? Pros/Cons?

I am an atheist so no prayers but I would take an untold quantity of "I feel you bro".

noelekal, Fish70, ErichPryde and 5 others like this.
  2. Dsloan Feb 15, 2023

I've managed to avoid a bridge or implant so far, but I do think I'll price out my future dental work in watch values from now on.

The family is currently working on a couple moonswatches worth of deductible.

SC1 likes this.
  3. Watch my Whisky Feb 15, 2023

Feel better, bro.

SC1 likes this.
  4. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 15, 2023

6FE4FCB5-6EF0-40E5-BF1D-0976DECDB325.jpeg 3C7CC78B-8E25-4034-8DDE-4095AE2F3BFD.jpeg I have a crown but cracked my tooth on an Easter bunny. Not on a boring carrot.

Spruce, Scarecrow Boat, Aroxx and 3 others like this.
  5. EuroDriver 1st Seamaster 75th Anniversary Owner Feb 15, 2023

You have my condolences.
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can spring it, do the implant. Crowns aren't as strong and with time, your gumline will recede. That will bring about a new host of problems. An implant avoids all of that.

Do it right, do it once.

6. gbesq Feb 15, 2023

If it’s an option, go with the root canal and the crown. It’s far less expensive than the implant, looks like the real thing, and will last for decades. And don’t fear the dentist or the endodontist. Root canals and crown impressions are not painful with a local anesthetic. You’ll be fine. An implant is the other option, but $$$$.

SC1 likes this.
  7. MDubs Feb 15, 2023

I feel you Bro.

SC1 likes this.
  8. mancio Feb 15, 2023

I feel you Bro, ishhh
    I'm Going tomorrow to a dentist for a consultation for an extraction since my dentist doesn't do them anymore.....

SC1 likes this.
  9. TimeODanaos Feb 15, 2023

I truly do feel you, bro, and my good wishes go with you. If you or anyone ever wondered why I have neither Bentley nor Patek to my name, it is because certain life circumstances led to my now having many more implants than teeth. Truth is, few purchases ever gave me more satisfaction or better quality of life. It was a hard road for a couple of years, but now I can no longer remember the details, or where the ruins are, and it was all worth it. So if you or your dental plan can run to it, get that maladapted evolutionary sob out of there and some proper 21st century technology in instead!

gatorcpa, Twocats and SC1 like this.
  10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 15, 2023

I have a couple root canal/crowns, had them for more than ten years, no issues. I also have a missing tooth because I haven't wanted to make the decision between the bridge and implant.

mydeafcat and SC1 like this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 15, 2023

Dude, you are sooo screwed!

Oops -- sorry for the typo:

I feel you, bro!

MDubs, Duracuir1 and SC1 like this.
  12. kohster Feb 15, 2023

about 9 years or so ago I developed a crack in a molar. Went to the endodontist for a root canal and was told that the crack went too far down into the root. So back to the dentist for full extraction of the tooth. I opted for the implant. The process is long and requires multiple visits over a few months. I was told though by multiple folks that the implant would be preferable to a bridge. Since I haven't had both, all I can say is that the implant feels pretty much exactly like a tooth.

SC1 likes this.
  13. Walrus Feb 15, 2023

Many prayers I send your way. Look up the stats on root canal success. I had 2 out of three fail. Basically I see no good option. Dentists are torture. I have work I’m avoiding even with two dental insurances I still get crazy bills. Flip a coin cause either way more misery is probably to come. Once again, numerous prayers from all of us x2

MDubs and SC1 like this.
  14. Pastorbottle Feb 15, 2023

That’s what you get for eating evil bastard vegetables …….no good ever comes of it, far safer to let the animals eat the veggies an for you to then in turn eat the animal, a nice soft steak and your tooth would still be fine! ::stirthepot:::D

p4ul and SC1 like this.
  15. Aroxx Sets his watch Feb 15, 2023

For me, even routine cleanings are like torture. I dread the day I need any real dental work. I think I'll need to be either put under or put down. The anesthesia makes me nervous because I've seen videos of people saying crazy shit waking up from that. God only knows what kind of heinous things I could say if my filter is removed. Best of luck.

SC1 likes this.
  16. Pastorbottle Feb 15, 2023

The secret to a painless visit to the dentist is that before it all starts you grab the evil bastard’s balls and say “ We’re not going to hurt each other are we?”

bonzodog and SC1 like this.
  17. sheepdoll Feb 15, 2023

I have to deal with this next week. My Molar cracked back in the last century. After 23 or so years the dentist wants to replace the crown. Says there is decay behind it.

I chipped my front tooth 40 years ago. The patch failed in December. The new patch lasted less than a month. Fortunately there was enough to grind the one down next to it.

At least in this era, we get to keep out teeth. My nearly 91 year old dad lost many of his teeth by the time he was 20. Has had a bridge since the early 1950s when he went into the army. As he ages the bridge no longer fits.

Curiously, the times I have cracked teeth have been eating bread.

Carrion is best eaten along with vegetables like potatoes (chips, crisps) . AKa meat and potatos, with fermented bread to wash it down Beer.

Dentist employ evil fairies. Who are really accountants in disguise. and expect accountability for the time wasted when one is tired before bed. Of course one can waste that time there, or waste it in the office. It seems to make no difference there is always something wrong what ever one does.

18. mydeafcat Feb 15, 2023

I’m in the same dental situation as Norman. I have a number of crowns (most recent is <6 months old), and they’re fine. There’s a caveat, however: each came after a root canal as the procedure removes the nutrient pathway; over time the tooth gets brittle. That’s why crowns were always recommended to me. In one case, I left a root-canaled tooth too long (5+ years) and it broke. I was lucky as there was enough left to crown otherwise it would been a dental shit show. That said, one of my ‘good’ molars did crack and had to be removed. Now, I'm blessed with a gaping piece of real estate between my lower back right wisdom tooth and a molar. An implant became impossible as I left it too long and the jawbone degenerates; the usual bovine bone graft isn’t an option either - it’s just too late. My only option is a bridge. If you are seriously considering an implant do it as soon as you can. But as @gbesq pointed out, a root canal - crown combo is the better and cheaper option.

Note: the name ‘root canal’ is worse than the procedure, especially when preceded by a mean-ass toothache.

Edited Feb 15, 2023
    SC1 likes this.
  19. JwRosenthal Feb 15, 2023

We have an unwritten policy on my office:
    Routine doctors appointment take a half day.
    Doctor with pants off, a full day.
    Dental appointment with pants off, 2 days for mental distress.

UWG and SC1 like this.
  20. vintage hab Feb 15, 2023

+1 on the root canal & crown. As a kid, I broke my front tooth horsing around. My tooth has been good for over 40 years now.

And I feel you bro

SC1 likes this.