A Lovely Restauration

Posts
2,123
Likes
11,385
I watched this yesterday. I was curious how the dial was refinished.
 
Posts
1,671
Likes
5,300
I watched this yesterday. I was curious how the dial was refinished.
Magic.. i guess it was just replaced
 
Posts
5,109
Likes
15,810
I watched this yesterday. I was curious how the dial was refinished.
A machine called ‘The Flux Capacitor’. Either some humerous hubris with lasers and 3rd party stickers, or something more…we will never know.
 
Posts
5,109
Likes
15,810
I wonder: what was the client's goal?
The video started with ‘the client inherited his fathers watch that got salt water inside due to swimming in the ocean and forgetting to lock the crown’. It sounded like it happened early in the life of the watch, but the case wear says otherwise.
 
Posts
297
Likes
362
I watched this yesterday. I was curious how the dial was refinished.

Me too. I really wish a restoration video wouldn't skip the restoration. Oh well. Fun video anyway.
 
Posts
252
Likes
234
Nice restoration but painful to see the polishing !!!
I don't think it's bad at all. Refinishing gets a bad rap. In skilled hands, it is great - even on a vintage piece.
 
Posts
153
Likes
57
I don't think it's bad at all. Refinishing gets a bad rap. In skilled hands, it is great - even on a vintage piece.
Im not a fan but I understand there's always more than one way to do things : )