Forums Latest Members
  1. tyrantlizardrex Jun 5, 2016

hey all,

I've been hunting down a grey dialed version of the 145.018 to go with my twin register version... And found one for sale at a local auction house.

But I have concerns.

The only pictures I have of this watch, in this coloured dial are from an old eBay listing... And a couple of Instagram pictures that might be the same watch:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

With this one, the left dial is red, the right black, the bottom green.

The more I look at it, the more I think all three pictures are the same watch.

The lume plots look very uniform and maybe a little bright for a 1969 watch.

The one up for sale looks like this:

image.jpeg

The red and black are on opposite sides, and the free looks darker.

The lume plots have also dropped off a lot of the hour markers, but what is left looks aged/original.

So what do we think?

Is one more legit than the other?

Has one been redialled?

Searching for this reference turns up lots of white/gold dials but the grey seems to be a bit like rocking horse poop.

Any helps much appreciated. :)

2. TNTwatch Jun 5, 2016

I think most dials of this reference have the metal applied markers, with just a small lume dot at the end.

The watch in the last picture looks to have original but ageing dial, with a huge crown.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Jun 5, 2016

Any thoughts on the subdial differences?

Slightly baffled by the way the colours have been switched. Just not sure which one is legit... Leaning towards the last picture though.

4. TNTwatch Jun 5, 2016

I have no reason to doubt either one. A little variation on the dial is the name of the game regarding vintage Omega. ;)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Jun 5, 2016

It is not unique to Omega either. There are so many different variations of dials from numerous manufacturers.

Here is a link showing how dials are printed: