Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 19, 2013

Lobster fishing. Wife to be. Weather. Could be worse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is not happy about this pic but it is the only one showing lobster. We got four big ones.

[​IMG]

And a lot of large crabfish...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess we will not be eating hot dogs tonight...

Temiyasen, 1685, Lou P and 4 others like this.
  2. Hijak Oct 19, 2013

It looks like you had all of the essential ingredients...your Lady, Copenhagen's Pure Gold and a fine time piece...and of course some lobsters!:thumbsup:

3. cristos71 Oct 19, 2013

Great catch, nothing but nothing beats a fresh caught and cooked lobster! Enjoy;)

4. Dablitzer Oct 19, 2013

Wow - impressive catch, on both counts! ;) My mouth is now salavating for a fresh lobster thermidor, damn :cautious:

5. Hijak Oct 19, 2013

Those crabs look like they will be pretty tasty as well! And lobster...I'll take it any way I can get it

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 19, 2013

Lobster..........yummy!!!!

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2013

There ya go, marry the boat's first mate, kill two birds.

8. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 22, 2013

Sorry - lost in translation. What does this mean?

9. ulackfocus Oct 22, 2013

He's joking that your wife is the first mate on the boat. The whole slang phrase is "kill two birds with one stone" meaning you got a first mate for the boat and the girl as a package.

10. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 23, 2013

Aha - thanks! Now it makes sence... :)

JohnSteed and Trev like this.
  11. Ludi Oct 28, 2013

Wow, definitely the Perfect day :thumbsup:

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 28, 2013

The best way to cook the crabs is to light a fire on the beach, get an old kero drum (about 20 litres, the square kind), fill it 3/4 with water from the sea and put it on the fire until it boils.

Put the crabs in at the boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes then lift them out with an old crab net and put them in the sea to cool for five minutes.

Put them on an old plank of bit of driftwood and start cracking them up, add a dash of salt or squeeze a fresh lemon over them and then try to beat the others to finish them off.

I have many memories of doing that as a kid with my Dad and nothing tasted better than cooked on the beach crabs :)

PS: Never did lobster like that, but I imagine it would be spectacular!

13. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Sep 7, 2015

This old post need some updating.

This saturday we opted for oysters, Ostrea Edulis, the real original European oyster - only found in the wild and in Sweden. The European oyster died out in the rest of Europe in the seventies and what the French are farming (and eating) today are the Japaneese Crassostrea giga.
    I hope I do not need to say our oysters are best... There are no farming of Ostrea Edulis. The absolute need for clean waters and only careful fishing makes them exclusive and they taste like no other oyster. Once you have eaten these you will not easily go back to Gigas.

There are some watches in the pictures and I do believe we were equipped for the task. The weather was harsh but that made the oysters taste even better. Moët & Chandon also worked OK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 7, 2015
    PEIslander, LouS, Lou P and 9 others like this.
  14. JohnSteed Sep 7, 2015

Now that's living !!!!

:thumbsup:

15. Hijak Sep 7, 2015

I'm quite jealous my friend, looks most delicious! Growing up on Long Island (off of New York for those that don't know) I spent a great deal of my teen years in the waters there clamming for both clams and oysters. It beat any other job available for a teenager at the time and for a while had my own small clam boat. We would get mostly Blue Point oysters but every once in a while we'd get Quonset Point oysters which were my faviorate!::love::

By the way...your wife is a real trooper!:thumbsup:

16. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Sep 7, 2015

Fantastic Saturday! I'm a proponent of the Wellfleet strain of Crassostrea virginica, but I am intrigued by this Ostrea edulis of yours. It turns out that we have some of those in Maine's Damariscotta River, so I might not have to book that flight to Sweden just yet. :)

17. cristos71 Sep 7, 2015

Just amazing!

My stomach is rumbling and I'm booking my ticket as I write this, please reserve the same crab and lobster boat you were on in 2013 :)