Forums Latest Members
  1. sct123 Aug 6, 2014

Hi all,

I am looking at buying an Omega Seamaster Automatic as my first watch:
    http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/8947627/omega+seamaster+professional+men%27s+blue+dial+bracelet+watch/
    I have read lots of reviews etc and very happy to get this watch.

Now to the price. In the UK at all authorized dealers it always seems to be £2770 display price (I only want to get it from a authorized dealer and brand new – for piece of mind etc)
    Though work I can get a 25% discount, meaning I will pay £2077.50.
    But using this discount I can’t then ask for any more in store discount, so that’s the most I will get off.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought, is that a good deal? I am doing well getting it at 25% off, or should I push to find other ways to get more of a discount?

Finally I am going to New York City in a few weeks. Could I get a better deal there? But would it be with less security and warranty as I can not just pop back to the store to return it for repairs etc? I would only want to get from NYC if the price was extremely good.

Thanks

2. ulackfocus Aug 6, 2014

A good deal is whatever price you pay to put the watch you want on your wrist. Don't let a few measly dollars stop you.

tpatta, citizenrich and Spy like this.
  3. repoman Aug 6, 2014

First, that watch is beautiful - JUST DO IT.

Ok, as for price, IMHO, its very easy to get obsessive about getting a watch for a cheaper price than anyone else has ever paid before.. that's a natural instinct but counter-productive. You'll spend more time, more energy, and frankly more money looking for that miracle deal than just doing the obvious thing. I would certainly advocate staying within your personal budget, but, the obvious thing being, work with your local authorized dealer where you will have a long term relationship. You are already getting a 25% discount over retail, which is HUGE, in my opinion. I say go for it and start enjoying that time piece.

4. Spy You know my name. Aug 7, 2014

A 25 % discount is better than no discount. Purchasing a new watch from an authorized dealer is the only way to go. If 25% off retail is not enough wait a little longer.

5. Kadsc Aug 7, 2014

25% off is very strong. I doubt any AD would give you more then that!

6. ulackfocus Aug 7, 2014

Exactly. At least not anymore. In the last few years the manufacturers have increased the cost to the dealers but haven't increased the suggested retail the same percentage. The AD offering the 25% might only be making 15 or 20% on that sale.

7. ctime3 Aug 7, 2014

That at is true and good advice

8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 8, 2014

That's about spot on :)

9. sct123 Aug 13, 2014

Thanks for all the advice guys.

10. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Aug 13, 2014

You've got to remember Omega is a brand that has established a higher price bracket. 25% off is very good and should be snapped up. You aren't buying some stupid name like klaus Blofeld that no ones ever heard of with a price tag of $10,000 reduced to $125. I'd like to see if the same discount was applied to the sm300 re issue.