Forums Latest Members
  1. AbsintheBleu Feb 3, 2020

Hi, so I'm brand new to this forum, and I have an opportunity to pick up one or more vintage Omega's from a friend of mine who runs a coin shop in town, who bought these several years ago. Unfortunately, I only got a single picture of each, but I was planning on going back and offering him something for these, but realistically, I don't need all three. Just looking for peoples' thoughts. I have two vintage Seamasters already from my father and grandfather (pictured below, too.. just for fun!) but definitely interested in thoughts on these other three pieces. I'm leaning towards the Speedmaster - and I really like the kind of rough look to it.

IMG_3598.jpeg

IMG_3597.jpeg IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg
    This one was my dad's watch - given to him by my mom on Christmas Day in 1971 (she had NO money, so her mom actually helped her pay for it).

IMG_3673.jpeg
    And this one was my grandfathers, presented to him by Gannett Rochester Newspapers in 1978 after 30 years of service. I recently paid to get it serviced, as it wasn't running properly, and it's still not right, so it's going back in for some more help (at no additional cost, fortunately!).

I appreciate folks' thoughts about the other three watches and hopefully haven't gone against any protocols in this post!

KingCrouchy and DaveK like this.
  2. Dan S Feb 3, 2020

Noticed immediately that the Hands on the speedy are wrong and probably other things as well but still could have some value even as a franken. I didn’t have a chance to take a hard look. More
    Photos would be helpful. The SM300’coukd be worth considering also.

Foo2rama and Pinoysurf like this.
  3. AbsintheBleu Feb 3, 2020

Well, I can definitely get back over to the shop and take more pics. It'll just be a couple days. Thanks!

4. Dan S Feb 3, 2020

That Speedmaster is definitely a mix of parts. Hands wrong, dial later than the bezel. Pushers look like 105.012 pushers maybe. Who knows. Could have some valuable parts but you would need to see the inside to know for sure. And since it ended up at a coin shop the provenance is no good. You would either have to get it super cheap or you would be taking a big risk. Can’t see the bracelet well but I’m guessing it’s an 1171 so not so valuable. Tough one.

Edited Feb 3, 2020
    AbsintheBleu likes this.
  5. Dan S Feb 3, 2020

Does the third one say Seamaster 300 or just Seamaster? Weird. Maybe a redial or fake dial. Not sure, someone else will tell you. Bezel looks legit.

6. AbsintheBleu Feb 3, 2020

Thanks for the info. Yeah, now that I'm looking at a bunch of them, it's so obvious about the parts (but as a neophyte, I'd have never picked up on it on my own.) I'll get some more pictures anyway, but will likely pass. Thanks!!