Forums Latest Members

A Few More Shots-Seamaster 300 Co Axial

1. watchsk Apr 3, 2015

Home for the afternoon. Can't stop looking at this watch.

2.jpg 1.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg IMG_4073.jpg

ripper, watchme, gophishin and 2 others like this.
  2. gophishin Apr 3, 2015

Great looking watch, I love the sandwich lume. Wear it in good health!

ffej4 likes this.
  3. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 3, 2015

Did you brush the center links on the bracelet? It looks great :)

4. watchsk Apr 3, 2015

Yes, when I got the Seamaster 300, I asked my dealer if he could have his watchmaker brush the middle links to match the sides as I was not a big fan of polished middle links for this particular watch.

ffej4 likes this.
  5. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 3, 2015

It looks fantastic. Really, great choice. The polished center links was one of the only things I didn't like about this piece!

6. watchsk Apr 3, 2015

Thanks. I thought he did a great job matching the finish of the side links as I cannot see any difference. It is a matter of personal choice but with the stainless steel dive watches, I tend to like the non polished look. With this watch, the case has both polished and matte finish to it and the brushed bracelet plays off both of those looks. I used to own many watches and unfortunately don't have them any longer but as I contemplate a much smaller collection, I like wearing the same watch day in and day out and find I tend to appreciate the Seamaster 300 more than when I was constantly switching off watch to watch. I am not sure what the right number is for a collection as it is different for everyone. Some people have massive collections but with the cost of these pieces, that will not be possible for me at this point. I do think 3-4 would be nice.

ffej4 likes this.
  7. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 4, 2015

I agree with you there. I have a fairly limited collection (about 8 pieces), none of which are currently Omegas (unfortunately). My grails are this, the Speedy Pro, and a Polar Explorer II. For now, I have a Seiko, a Steinhart, and some other beaters. Omega just happens to be one of my favorite brands :)