Forums Latest Members
  1. pascs Sep 2, 2012

2. MyVintageOmega Sep 2, 2012

Dial has stubbies \A in waterproof is not flat \certifed should read certified \date window not correct \patina is off norm\ 6 and 9 are closed\............for all theses reasons it is as fake as they come and as you stated has all the obvious pointers :thumbsdown: Case and movement may be real.......but none the less a very bad fake.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 2, 2012

I wouldn't even put money on the case, there are fake SM300s coming out of Vietnam right now that are nearly exact except for the lack of a sharp edge on the coin edge bezel. Have a look at how smooth the bezel ridges are on this one.

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  4. pascs Sep 3, 2012

yes bezel coin edge should have sharp edges. The case also looks to be too smooth around the edges. Hands also are not genuine, second hand is too thick.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 3, 2012

Its completely COUNTERFEIT except for the movement, and that's likely been mashed together from bits and pieces too.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

That's exactly what those Vietnamese pieces are, I'm going to PM the seller with this link, hopefully given her near 2000 feedback she takes it down herself and discards it.

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  7. pascs Sep 3, 2012

Something like this?

<Link Removed>
    :(

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

I deleted that link just because I don't want business being drummed up for those people but suffice to say the thing Pascs was linking to is the EXACT watch, same shitty bezel, same yellow numbers on the bezel insert, its THIS watch.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

Seller sent back a message that she would look into it, just checked back and the seller has ended it and marked the item as "No longer available" so good on her for that, always nice to see an honest seller do the right thing rather than having to go through eBay

10. pascs Sep 3, 2012

Thats good to hear but I bet she wasnt too happy about it not being genuine

There does seem to be a few dodgy ones on ebay these days

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2012

I got the impression she was probably an antique dealer or something like that from her other items, and probably bought it as a real watch off someone. Just looking at it and the attempted patina, some asshole has knocked it around and smeared some grime on it and such to make it look worn before she bought it.

12. Dash1 Sep 5, 2012

I love the misspelling of 'certified' ! These fakers are not just b***rds but idiots too.
    The bright yellow numerals on these bezels always stand out, but you do have to be more and more carefull as I've seen a few fakes around with some genuine parts fitted to attempt a disguise. Usually they are fitted with new, genuine parts, like bezels, dials or case-backs so be wary of these as well.