Forums Latest Members

A Dictionary of Swiss Watchmakers - Chronopedia.Club

1. Norfolk Apr 4, 2020

Given the current world situation and being locked in with a lot of spare time I have decided to do something about it. I have for some time wanted to put together a Chronopedia, a wiki for watches which is non-commercial and available to all, and this week have finally done it. It is at chronopedia.club. It is very early days and its going to take years to finish!

I am currently compiling a glossary of terms and brief histories of all watch manufacturers, current and defunct. Here is the page for Switzerland for example:
    https://chronopedia.club/Switzerland#Watch_Manufacturers_based_in_Switzerland
    and here is the glossary:
    https://chronopedia.club/A-Z#GLOSSARY_OF_WATCH_TERMS
    Feedback and assistance would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to undertake a history or a specific make or model then please feel free to contribute. There are bound to be lots of gaps and errors but if we all pull together we can create a resource for the generations of watch collectors to come. If you want to volunteer to help please email me with a user name you want to use and I will open up an account.

mail to: [email protected].

janice&fred, lando, queriver and 5 others like this.
  2. ZIELSZIEK Apr 5, 2020

Lovely work! My experience collecting is rather insignificant, therefore I doubt I can make any meaningful contribution, but this should definitely get pinned so everybody can see it. It will be of great use! Especially for newbies like me.

janice&fred likes this.
  3. Farmer Apr 5, 2020

what a brilliant idea, well done mate

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Apr 11, 2020

::book:: great !

5. tomkenmag Apr 11, 2020

For some reason "Glashutte" is there on the list... But otherwise great effort!

6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Apr 11, 2020

Glashütte is a German watchmaker... former-DDR

7. jsducote Apr 13, 2020

8. janice&fred Apr 16, 2020

We will sign up and contribute pictures and descriptions of some of the more unusual watches we have found in our watch treasure hunting in the tropical south pacific. :)

9. Amg786s Apr 18, 2020

Well done