Forums Latest Members

Watch and Clockmakers Handbook Dictionary and Guide.

1. Hut27 Nov 4, 2016

The first 3 editions were Paper Leaflets and are unobtainable. The 4th Edition is regarded as the 1st by Booksellers and collectors. I have spent best part of 60yrs collecting all the editions and found the 9th was the hardest to find. Yesterday I was told I have 12months to live, as my two daughters do not want these books I have decided to sell them. The newest one is the 16th edition.
    Obviously these would be very heavy to post as one lot, I would like to see them stay together but I may have to sell them singly. Any thoughts?.

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 4, 2016

My first thought is "F*#k it!". I hate the big C with a passion.

12 months is an eternity to a ten year old kid, but a blink of an eye to somebody of my vintage.

On to the books. Like many from that era, the terminology and practices have changed a great deal and these are only of interest to those who want to trace the path of horology and refer to for interesting reading.

(I still enjoy browsing through De Carle and Joseph Bulova et al).

That said, I'd be pleased to obtain a copy. I think takers for the whole series may be limited but you never know.

I'd suggest you send a PM to one of the moderators to see if you could post in the sales forum.

Not being a religious man I won't offer my thoughts and prayers etc but I sincerely wish you all the best, and hopefully a bit of a miracle.

Regards

Jim

Nitzbar likes this.