A couple of questions about my Connie 198.002

Hello OF

This arrived today - it’s my first hummer and I have some questions that I hope might be answered:

1 where can I see the serial number?

2 is this the original strap? It’s a bit worn out so I’ll probably replace it, but if it’s not the original one I might remove the Omega Buckle. If it is then I’ll leave it.

3 most of the images I have seen show this watch with leather straps. I’m slightly surprised because I think it would look much better with a steel bracelet. Was there a steel bracelet that this watch shipped with?

Thanks

Nick

If you can get a clear picture of the caseback (the inside), the back of the buckle, and a more focused image of the movement it'll be easier to tell.

Thank you.
No markings on the back of the buckle so assume it’s an aftermarket one.
Will open it over the weekend and try to take better pics. Unfortunately I’m limited to iPhone so May not be able to do better than already provided. I’ve looked carefully through a loupe and see no recognisable with the movement in place.

On hummers the serial is notmally on the lozenge shaped badge with Onega unadjusted. I think it’s there just unreadable in the pic. It’ll have a serial in the low to mid 30m range and be from ‘72 to ‘74 is my guess.

The buckle looks original.
Edited:

On hummers the serial is notmally on the lozenge shaped badge with Onega unadjusted. I think it’s there just unreadable in the pic. It’ll have a serial in the low to mid 30m range and be from ‘72 to ‘74 is my guess.

The buckle looks original.
Thank you - just looked again with a loupe under natural light - it's a 34 series so 1972.

Here are some slightly better pictures of the buckle. In any event, I've just ordered a couple of new straps to try with it from WatchGecko so will not be breaking it up.

It's not hard to focus an iPhone camera well enough to capture a serial number. A macro lens isn't necessary IMO. You just need some decent lighting, trial & error, and a little patience. I have done it dozens of times.

Of course, the macro lens is fun for other things.

^ totally agree but my last iPhone was a real pain. So a $10 lens so I didn’t have to mess with it was a nice option to have

I've had pretty good luck with something like this clipped to my iphone: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-kit-198°-Fisheye-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B07NXZL19H

A845B008-36C8-4284-8752-14D23C0D5ED4.jpeg
CC4782B8-5A93-4616-9EEB-A154A925DDA3.jpeg

kinda limited on what will be in focus with the macro lens but it’s easier to see when your taking the photo than if your trying to take it from further away and hoping it’s in focus
Thanks for this. I’ve been pondering getting a clip on macro lens but also appreciate the point made by @Dan S about not really needing one.