881101/03 - US dial?

Posts
208
Likes
136
anyone ever heard of 881101/03s for the US market not having Swiss T under the 6oclock subdial

Thank you in advance
 
Posts
273
Likes
570
Can you provide us with pictures of such a dial?
 
Posts
990
Likes
3,202
The dial looks original to my eyes, but I've never seen this particular design without the 'Swiss' mark at the bottom. It could potentially be an exception, but there's also a possibility that it has been cleaned or altered, as part of the 'V' in 'Universal'.
 
Posts
273
Likes
570
I agree - the dial appears original, but it seems that the "Swiss T" marking may have either been cleaned off or has deteriorated over time. 31 seems to exhibit a similar issue.
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,472
looks good from here, but obvously the lack of swiss t is odd. But is it any more or less odd than those dials missing the "tri compax" words? I guess my point is these folks weren't exactly known for their consistency in this era.