Forums Latest Members
  1. alam Jan 16, 2017

2. SOUTHERNSURFER Jan 16, 2017

Seller's not even willing to toss in Free WW shipping at that price either - It's the least they could do :taunt:

3. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jan 17, 2017

It is a little expensive but for someone looking to complete their set, it does raise the value. Granted this particular booklet is the Italian version. A very well known and respected seller on the forum as well as Ebay that has some rare ephemera.

The 1981 booklet is rare because of the models available that year, as seen, 1665 Great White.

This book alone, if you can find one and I don't mean Ebay because there are a lot of reproductions/copies, runs about $400 alone.
    Also, period correct red and green tags cost a couple hundred as well.

I don't know why folks pay this much but some people prefer all the accessories to embellish a sale.

Some GMT booklets, blue sky from the 70's, also cost as much..

alam likes this.
  4. The_Walrus Jan 31, 2017

Nothing surprises me the least anymore with vintage watches. I sold a 7206 rivet bracelet last year at what I thought was a good price at $1500.
    They run at over $2500 less than 12 months later.
    I can't get my head around the prices for those Rolex calendars

5. Faz Jan 31, 2017

Although insane money, if you have a watch with the box and punch guarantee, the added knick knacks could be worthwhile as people are willing to pay ridiculous premiums for a "full set watch" even if it's put together...

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 31, 2017

Speaking of "full set", back when I was a youngster, and, typical of teenage boys, interested in cars, I assumed that ads for used cars including the phrase "full power" meant that the engines retained their full power. I was too dumb to realize that it was a reference to power steering and brakes, which could not be taken for granted back then! :D

Faz likes this.