Forums Latest Members

8 month old Speedmaster - lost pusher

1. bravocharlie Nov 29, 2020

Hi everyone,

I have seen one or two threads on similar issues in the past, but just wanted to get a fresh perspective.

I purchased a brand new Speedmaster around 8 months ago from an authorised reseller. Yesterday, I noticed that the 2 o'clock pusher was missing. I have no idea when this happened, but as far as I know I have not knocked it as I'm quite careful with it and I have barely left my flat due to the current lockdown. This leads me to believe that, at some point, the pusher may have come loose and just dropped out on its own.

I've got an appointment with the reseller where I purchased the watch, for them to take a look at it.

I just wanted to ask a) have others had this issue recently? and b) how much luck did you have in getting the reseller/Omega to repair free of charge?

I've also seen on other threads that some have experienced a lag/stutter of the sweeping hand in the chrono function - this has also happened to me on and off as well. Could this be related given that the pushers are part of the chrono mechanism?

Thanks in advance for your help! (and please excuse all the dust which shows up in the photo - it clearly needs a good clean!)

tempImageNOAoOc.png
    Edited Nov 29, 2020
  2. Evitzee Nov 29, 2020

Do you have the Omega warranty card, or is it grey market watch? If the latter you'll have to work with the seller to get it fixed. If you bought it from an AD Omega will fix it under the five year warranty.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 29, 2020

Reseller should look after you if it’s been less than a year. Just tell them about lag in chrono hand which I doubt is related to pusher issue.

Should work out OK, it happens

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 29, 2020

@M'Bob ...note the top pusher missing here...

:)