Forums Latest Members
  1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 20, 2013

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 20, 2013

Unusually for me, I can't say you shouldn't buy it.
    it looks good, and hard to criticise. Possibly the dial should have the narrower T spacing on the T Swiss T but I have seen this configuration on so many 105.012's I think it's original.
    judging by the prices the 145.012's reached recently this almost looks a bargain.

Le t us know if you buy it?

3. richardew Aug 20, 2013

Both of mine have this style of "T SWISS MADE T". It is a nice looking piece. The case has the nicks you'd expect for one that age. The vertical facets are sharp and it looks like the case hasn't been polished. These are unique to the 105.012-66. When people try to polish the case they mess these up. The crown is not original, but it is standard for these to be replaced during service, so this is not a bad sign. The price is a bit high, but as Mr Fruit has pointed out, these are fetching a bit more recently. If you are not in the business of selling watches, which I assume you're not, paying a bit more for a nice piece is not a deal breaker. I'd still have $600 in reserve to get the watch serviced. I always start off mine that way. I overpaid for my first c321 speedy by a few hundred. Like I said, it's not the end of the world. I don't try to make a living buying and selling watches. Now that I have a bunch of speedys I am much more discriminating with regards to price. If I spot a bargain I grab it and tend to leave those priced more fairly alone. For me it's a way to rationalize the purchase of too many watches.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 21, 2013

Price looks ok to me. A bit cheaper would be nice as it has some signs of wear, but you can't say the price is wrong here. If you like it & it's what you are looking for, go for it.

If you want something really pristine, then wait for longer & be prepared to pay more !

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 21, 2013

Thank you but this one's not for me. "Someday My Prince Will Come (321 SpeedO')", but not this one. I just pulled the trigger on an original 145002-69. As soon as it's on my wrist I'll post some of my bad scans with the details and ask for your honest opinions ;-)

6. Lex4TDI4Life Aug 21, 2013

I am in talks over this one as the seller lives in the same town as I. Hopefully will be able to work out a discount for a cash sale.

7. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 21, 2013

Cash is King!

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 21, 2013

MY BIRTH YEAR SPEEDIE!
    No worries, I'm not casting a hook for it. Looks nice though.
    I so much love a column wheel 321 compared to the cam lever plastic brake 861, even though both are qualified for moon service.

9. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 21, 2013

Take a look closer at the markers if you get a chance. It looks rather puffy instead of the flatter tritium lay tha is commonly seen on this dial. Be sure to make certain it hasn't been retouched in any way.

10. Lex4TDI4Life Aug 21, 2013

Good advice. If we get to the point of meeting up, I will check it out. Thanks!

11. Lex4TDI4Life Aug 21, 2013

I decided to take a pass on this one. I will be in Munich in a couple weeks and am holding out hope that I will find a better deal there.

12. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 21, 2013

You'll find watches in Munich, but deals are another matter altogether. It's not a discount watch scene in Munich.

13. Lex4TDI4Life Aug 21, 2013

Good to know, and not entirely unexpected. However, there are two watch fairs on the weekend I will be in town, so I am going to hold out a little hope on finding a diamond on the rough.

14. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 21, 2013

Good luck! Full report expected, too! I've been trying to catch a Munich watch fair for the past 3 years, but I always pass through when there isn't one. Great town, though - maybe my favorite place in Germany.