Forums Latest Members
  1. BoyKyle Sep 3, 2021

I am looking at buying this 6238 Pre Daytona but have a couple questions maybe someone here can help me with. The first problem is the bracelet, It has a newer replacement bracelet. How often do fully correct replacement bracelets from around the production year come up for sale?
    Secondly is there an easy way to tell if the dial is grey or silver? This is the first 6238 I've seen in person and find it very difficult to compare a subtle difference in colour in pictures online. The dial is missing a couple lume plots but apart from that does it seem okay?

PXL_20210903_102719106.jpg
  2. Traveler Sep 3, 2021

Looks ok but that is nowhere near a good enough photo to be able to judge anything - you need something with better light, in focus, and from several viewpoints. Bracelets are fairly easy to find. Dial condition and to a lesser extent, case condition, on these is of paramount importance, so get better pictures!

Linesiders, NGO1 and BoyKyle like this.
  3. Fedoclock Sep 3, 2021

Ciao I believe you can find the correct bracelet 6635 or 7205 with its end links 71. This is the easy part.

Concerning the silver dial also to me looks fine, but is always recommended to see an HD picture with natural light.
    I also recommend you to see the reference and the serial number on the case which are important first to confirm that is a 6238, then to see if the movement has to be the 72B or 722. Also the bracelet changes depending on the serial number of the watch. Last but not least dial's font changed over the years of prduction of the ref. 6238.

So what I recommend is to check everything, starting from the case and thr movement, before going for this amazing reference.

Good luck
    Sorry for my english
    F

Dries, BoyKyle, NGO1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. NGO1 Sep 3, 2021

I don’t have anything to add to @Fedoclock excellent first post.
    Just to point out, your very first post is to help a fellow OF.
    Which country are you in? Maybe I can move there.

5. Fedoclock Sep 3, 2021

Ciao ngo516 thanks. I am new on OF so if I've made any mistake or forgot to do something just let me know .

I am based in Italy

F

6. BoyKyle Sep 3, 2021

Thanks for the help, Sorry this is just my awful camera work, I could not seem to get my phone camera to focus. The watch was from the original owner and I have seen the movement and it is 722. The serial is 1206***. I do really want a 6238 in future but as always I think it is just coming down to price and condition. The asking price for this one is around £37,000. From what ive been seeing online this isnt huge deal but isnt an unfair price.

PXL_20210903_102732332.jpg PXL_20210903_102839819.jpg PXL_20210903_102824014.jpg
  7. Fedoclock Sep 4, 2021

The movement is correct for the serial number.

Cannot say more with these pictures and info.

I don't like to talk about price because it is a personal decision. Bear in mind to check all details and that you have to change the bracelet with the correct one!

Good luck
    F

8. BoyKyle Sep 4, 2021

That’s a great help thanks

Fedoclock likes this.