Forums Latest Members

SOLD '57 Enicar Sherpa SeaPearl 600 nice Black-Bronze Dial

1. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 7, 2016

For sale is my very cool Sherpa Ultrasonic SeaPearl 600. This model is notable for its funky second hand and its nicely patinated large triangle markers and block numerals. The dial has changed from black to a very pleasing deep bronze color. Note a very small piece of lume is missing from the end of the second hand. I couldn't even see it with the naked eye!

Interesting history about this one: The previous owner told me that this watch was originally purchased by her great-grandfather in the late '50's. She says she remembers he was enamored with the Saturn logo used by Enicar. I did tell her that I would be happy to sell the watch back to her at any time if she changes her mind. Hopefully if it sells, I won't be getting the call :rolleyes:...

The 35mm case is in very good condition, unpolished, but worn, with no corrosion, pitting, or dings. The crystal has some very light wear, but there are no scratches deeper than could be taken out with Poly. The crown is unsigned, and may not be original. It works fine and smooth, but it isn't completely flush with the case. The back is in very good shape, with all of the logo and lettering fully visible. The inside case-back has 12-57 etched for the month of case production.

Important disclaimer: Although the case back says this watch is waterproof, it is now a 58-year old vintage one; therefore, there is no guarantee that the watch is waterproof now. Buyer needs to keep it dry, or else...:eek:!

Please see the pictures for full description!

Photo Oct 15, 5 02 29 PM.jpg Photo Oct 15, 5 01 47 PM.jpg Photo Oct 15, 5 00 24 PM (1).jpg Photo Oct 15, 5 03 26 PM.jpg Photo Oct 20, 1 49 51 PM.jpg Photo Oct 16, 11 41 35 AM.jpg Photo Oct 20, 1 44 39 PM.jpg

The movement is Enicar's own AR1010 hand-wind, quite clean, and in fine running condition, running about 25 sec. fast per day, with a 48 hour power reserve; better than my other two Enicars with the same movement. I do not know when it was last serviced.

The watch comes on a generic black leather strap.

Price: $450 plus shipping via PayPal.

This Enicar is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). Once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over, the sale will be considered FINAL.

Please PM me here for any questions...

Edited Jan 12, 2016
    Giff2577, JohnSteed and Diabolik like this.
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 8, 2016

Price reduced!

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 10, 2016

Patina-Bump!

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 11, 2016

Nibble, nibble... bump!

5. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 12, 2016

35mm case w/out crown

Offers welcome!

6. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 13, 2016

bump you UP

7. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 13, 2016

Now sold. Thank you, buyer, and Ω-Forums for the space!

oddboy, Severin and Optimizer13 like this.