52 Years Ago Today, The Omega Speedmaster Became The Moonwatch

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-310.30.42.50.01.001.007.jpg
Exactly 52 years ago today, the Apollo 11 crew turned the Omega Speedmaster Professional chronograph into the Moonwatch. It may have actually been one of the first nicknames ever given to a wristwatch. As a watch enthusiast, you probably have heard the story about the Moonwatch a thousand times already. However, in case you’re new […]

Visit 52 Years Ago Today, The Omega Speedmaster Became The Moonwatch to read the full article.

Amazing that we went from a 120 foot flight at Kitty Hawk to the moon in 65 years.

What a day - and what watch!

Good article - I never get tired of the story. Interesting timing that Jeff Bezos went for his launch today … and wearing a 3861 Speedy above the Karman line into Space. If Blue Origin get back on track for Artemis with a Moon Lander maybe a mechanical Speedy will be back on the Moon one day....Maybe
Edited:

Thanks for the reminder! I haven’t been wearing my Speedmaster much recently since I got my Explorer, but I had to strap it on for this day. And since no post is complete without a picture, here it is in front of the framed ad I have on the wall of my office.

Would NASA select second best? Nope.

7D7B1583-DD4E-48B7-8A69-F6F7B7A23377.jpeg

Exactly 52 years ago today, the Apollo 11 crew turned the Omega Speedmaster Professional chronograph into the Moonwatch. It may have actually been one of the first nicknames ever given to a wristwatch. As a watch enthusiast, you probably have heard the story about the Moonwatch a thousand times already. However, in case you’re new […]

Visit 52 Years Ago Today, The Omega Speedmaster Became The Moonwatch to read the full article.
I just noticed this paragraph below; does it mean that Buzz's reference is still unknown (not -65)?

0.JPG