Forums Latest Members
  1. sjl1212 Jun 13, 2018

Does anyone know if the bezel "insert" can be changed out for a colored one? My dial is the blue wave and I would love to have a blue or red insert installed. While the yellow gold insert is original and nice, it blends in with the all gold bezel and case, so no contrast.

Thanks Omega wrist shot.jpg

Tako Yaki likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 14, 2018

This would need an anodized aluminum insert, and those are not sold as separate parts, so you would have to buy a complete bezel in order to get the insert. Even then, no guarantees it would fit...

3. ulackfocus Jun 14, 2018

Are the numbers on the bezel raised or countersunk? From the photo, the top half looks countersunk while the bottom half look raised.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 14, 2018

A rare watch indeed!
    Yes I think it is both. I think it is a novel way of representing the day/night silver/black aluminium bezel.

By the way, I think trying to swap out the gold insert is asking for big trouble. it is perfectly possible to bend and destroy the aluminium inserts if you mess with them and a 18k gold one would be much softer still. I know from experience that the steel and 18K bezel on the AC and non-AC models is over $1000, a solid 18K one must be $1500 plus, I am sure Archer can correct me but my guess would be circa $2K. Not a risk I would care to take personally.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 14, 2018

Over $3k actually...

Speedmasterfan88 and padders like this.
  6. sjl1212 Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for the replies. Yes, they are a combination of raised and countersunk. I will leave it as it is. I would have had Omega make the change out, never aftermarket. I have been thinking of trading this watch on a later model Daytona 116523, but get lots of compliments on my GMT so will see if I have a change of heart.

Best regards

7. Buck2466 Jun 14, 2018

It would probably be cheaper or just as much to pick up a 2255.80 electric blue seamaster and swap out the bezel to a colored one and then you have 2 watches instead of one. It wouldn't be gold though or have the GMT function. Or, get a 2254.50 with black wave dial and black bezel. Just a thought.

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 15, 2018

Omega won’t do that. The insert isn’t availavle as a separate part, you buy the whole thing. AFAIK there are only 2 other GMT bezel options, Black/silver and all silver so I guess you are thinking of a diver bezel. Am curious what the red bezel option you referred to looks like. Is that from one of the Olympics LE SMPs?