Forums Latest Members

50th Anniversary got me itching......

1. dberdichevsky Aug 2, 2019

B7C44F90-0B22-4FEE-BD64-3C7F83E7DD1E.jpeg E01BD0E1-F527-48BF-8343-679D28A0F3C8.jpeg FBF1F0FE-5BED-46FD-B941-9830EB77CE6A.jpeg E3F02CF8-31E6-4CCD-A140-F6489AAB3241.jpeg With all of the Buzz (no pun intended) of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing and all of the darn speedy incomings, it got me itching to add a Speedmaster Professional to the stable. There is so much history on this timepiece.

So..... I HAD to get one!

Yes, it may not be as fancy and as highly sought after as other fine timepieces, but that’s one thing that I like about it. Yet something about its simplicity is absolutely stunning. I think this one is going to be a keeper! As a bonus....... the Chrono hand is centered :)

Anyone that may be on the fence about getting a Speedy should definitely do it!

2. merchandiser Aug 2, 2019

Congratulations, wear it in good health!

dberdichevsky likes this.
  3. stuart70 Aug 2, 2019

Very nice, enjoy.

4. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Aug 3, 2019

Correct...it’s mandatory.

It’s like...“Mandatory Metallica Monday”.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nonuffinkbloke and dberdichevsky like this.
  5. Martin_J_N Aug 3, 2019

Lovely watch, I bought mine just before the summer, it is a total joy to wear, the clarity of the dial is just stunning.

Enjoy and wear in good health

6. jaguar11 Aug 3, 2019

Fantastic. Enjoy and wear in the best of health.

7. Stufflers Mom Aug 3, 2019

Great choice, you can't go wrong with the Speedy Pro.

8. whyboddau Aug 3, 2019

What an itch to scratch! Nicely done.

9. A1000 Aug 3, 2019

Very nice, a classic piece:thumbsup:

10. Bp1000 Aug 3, 2019

Don’t talk it down :thumbsup:

Whilst many would call me an omega fan with omega bias; I still think it’s true to say the speedmaster it’s one of the finest and most respected watches ever made.

It’s in the same league as the submariner for iconic tool watches that changed the wristwatch forever.

Forget the snobs who think in brand and bling terms. As tool watches go you have the very best.

A timeless design with a respected set of achievements and history. It’s true that you could be in a room of people wearing Patek or Lange and they will comment positively on your speedmaster.

11. astrand Aug 3, 2019

Don't sell your short! It's easy to compare yourself to others, especially on a forum with members who have done quite well for themselves or have been collecting for decades.

The speedmaster is a grail item for many (many who will never have the means to own a watch of this price) and an icon... It's the omega to own.

Congratulations

12. JohnnyRocket Aug 3, 2019

I think the simple Speedy has a far reaching pedigree in the history of Spaceflight.
    Where else can simple watch loving schmucks like Us get to wear and enjoy a
    Spaceflight rated piece of equipment that has walked upon the Moon and continues to do duty on EVAs while orbiting right now on the ISS.
    I put it on and maybe daydream for just a moment what it might feel like to rocket beyond terafirma. I could never afford a replica space suit or probably hitch a ride on Space Ship 2...But I could afford to do this...And I Love it

rob_s_Z06, EricCsN and dberdichevsky like this.
  13. MalaMD Aug 6, 2019

Congrats, I did exactly the same. I wonder how much the sales figures increased by due to the anniversary (my dealer told me that he sold twice as many as usual over that week)?

14. Jonathan40 Aug 6, 2019

Many congratulations, I did the same and added a second Speedy to my collection.
    I bought the Apollo 11 40th from Spacefruit on this forum. I love a dial that has a subtle splash of colour on it.
    They really are fantastic watches on the wrist and look equally great on metal, leather or a NATO.
    One watch loads of different looks.

15. JohnnyRocket Aug 6, 2019

I think too, that the people who are lucky enough to wear a Speedy develop
    A curiosity about the history of Spaceflight and of Lunar Science itself.
    Space and Time are so closely intertwined that You gain a closer appreciation
    For how We are able to both measure Time and investigate what makes the Cosmos tick...pardon the pun. Consider this...When You look up at the starry sky...You are looking back into time. The farther away that star or galaxy is the further back in time you see it. So this summer...take a few moments to look up-Ponder it all and maybe smile.

My favourite 2 possessions are my Omega Speedy and A good Telescope.

interferon and rob_s_Z06 like this.