50s Wittnauer Chronograph Ref. 3256 Venus 188

Howdy folks! Lookin for some advice on pricing a Wittnauer Chronograph. Please understand, I am fairly new to watch collecting, buying, and selling. So please forgive me, and if you would, please feel free to correct any of my terminology or info I give that is incorrect. I have been collecting, buying, and selling for many years, but over the last couple years, I developed a increasing interest in vintage watches. So be nice, I am trying, haha.
Anyway, my watch needs some restoration. Crystal is scratched up and will need replaced, it's missing the bottom push button below the crown. The case has some scratches, but is decent. The Venus 188 movement is in working order, but could definitely use a cleaning. It's not horrible by any means, just not clean like it should be. Through amatuer testing, it seems to keep accurate time, and both registers seem to be accurate also. I don't know if there is any time loss, but if there is, I can't imagine it is much. There is a small amount of rust on the hour and minute hands, so either the previous owner did not have the case closed tight or it is not comepletely moisture proof anymore.
It is a attractive watch and definitely has potential! I will be looking to sell it once I have the info I want.
My questions: Would it be worth it to have it restored before selling or just sell it the way it is? Ballpark, restoration/cleaning cost? I understand that is a hard estimate to give without having the piece in front you, but even a general idea is helpful.
Finally, as it is right now, what could I look at as a approx value? Not selling price, but actual value?
I appreciate anyone that took the time to read my small novel, lol, and appreciate any thoughts offered. I will post pics asap.

You will need to post some photos. But as an FYI, it's virtually never worthwhile to invest in restoring and servicing a watch that you want to sell, unless it's something really high-end and collectible. For a chronograph, you could easily invest $1k in a watch that isn't worth more than $1k.

Also, I don't understand the distinction between "selling price" and "actual value." To me, they are basically the same.

Thanks for your response. Pictures will be coming very soon. I moved recently, and am still in the process of getting my work area set back up. This was something to get the ball rolling so to say.
Your advice on whether to invest in restoration or not makes perfect sense. Thank you!
I've learned in my time of buying and selling, that you can't always sell something for it's actual value. This becomes less true with higher-end items. Different factors play their part of course, i.e. collectibility, rarity, what market you are selling in, etc.
That being said, I am open minded enough to accept that I might be taking the wrong approach, using the wrong selling platforms, or simply just have trouble standing my ground and just settle for a lower price than what I originally had set as acceptable.
I do alot of local sales and furniture, for example, around here can usually be found for way below it's actual value. High end pieces go for half of what they could be sold for! It blows my mind! I hope this explanation made some sort of sense. Hahaha

Curious to see pictures as well.

around here can usually be found for way below it's actual value. High end pieces go for half of what they could be sold for! It blows my mind! I hope this explanation made some sort of sense. Hahaha
Writing this in a collectors forum without saying where you're from is a sin 😁