50s Omega Seamaster

I am looking at this 50s Seamaster. I
Can anyone help me to identify if the dial is original? I’m not sure which movement it is as the seller doesn’t know how to open the case back.

It is impossible to say for sure that a dial is original from low resolution pictures on an internet forum. You must examine it in person.

There is one good sign that I see. The dial has “Swiss” rather than “Swiss Made” at the bottom of the dial. This, coupled with an “OXG” import mark on the movement would indicate a U.S. market watch.

However, since we cannot see the movement…:oops:
gatorcpa

It is impossible to say for sure that a dial is original from low resolution pictures on an internet forum. You must examine it in person.

There is one good sign that I see. The dial has “Swiss” rather than “Swiss Made” at the bottom of the dial. This, coupled with an “OXG” import mark on the movement would indicate a U.S. market watch.

However, since we cannot see the movement…:oops:
gatorcpa
Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I am taking the chance on it and I will post some follow up pictures when I’ve got it.

Well I received the watch today. Here are some pictures of the case back and movement.

Please post a straight on shot in focus as close as you can without any letters obscured.

Case looks very sharp, OXG and Swiss match up, nice watch. I am uncertain of font on coat hangar S
Here are 3 coat hangar S examples that have more slope than OP example. This one may be ok wait for experts opinion.
IMG_5211.jpeg IMG_3978.jpeg IMG_4450.jpeg
Edited:

Case looks very sharp, OXG and Swiss match up, nice watch. I am uncertain of font on coat hangar S
Here are 3 coat hangar S examples that have more slope than OP example. This one may be ok wait for experts opinion.
IMG_5211.jpeg IMG_3978.jpeg IMG_4450.jpeg
Here’s a similar “seamaster” example that was posted on this forum several years back talking regarding the different S fonts.

If you search, there's at least one thread that compiled all of the Seamaster fonts. I don't have it bookmarked.

Thanks! I found the thread that showed the flat top S above. I’m still new so I appreciate any second opinions

Hi can you post the thread- I did not find it

Thanks that post showing flat top coat hangar was from a reliable source for sure @cicindela
I hadn’t seen that font good to learn something. Enjoy your watch!!

EDIT - I just posted this before seeing the video someone posted about this watch so I stand corrected on the crown! Perhaps someone can shed light on why I found that?

Nice looking watch. I think the dial is original. The S is the only thing that stuck out to me but as someone else said there’s lots of variation.

The only thing incorrect is the decagonal crown which belongs on a Connie. A quick search of the ref (2869 as per the caseback photo) and I get this result from the Omega website. Shouldn’t be hard to find one of these (or just keep the decagonal crown - they look really cool).

IMG_2442.jpeg

I appreciate you taking a look at it. I’m glad to hear that the crown might be original to the watch. I definitely like the look of it and it gives it some nice character.