Forums Latest Members

50K Watch in Birmingham (UK)

1. TOTIZ Mar 30, 2018

2. M'Bob Mar 30, 2018

I think a little tough to comment about buying anything at even a tenth of the price without adequate pictures of the finished product.

3. TOTIZ Mar 30, 2018

Apparently one side of the movement will be decorated with a William Morris-style, curled leaf pattern.

One quote from the article: “Nearly five years later, this gradual build-up of experience and know-how is beginning to pay off. The five clients who have signed up to buy their first five watches made from scratch have agreed to pay half the cost of each in advance – £25,000.”

This couple must have a stellar reputation for people to part with 25K blind. I just stumbled across this article whilst catching up on the news, but I’m pretty sure that the five customers must have seen some designs or sketches beforehand, because I reckon if you get 5 OF members and ask them what their favourite Omega is, you’ll probably get 5 different answers :) On the other hand, if someone were to design a watch, circulate it and get positive feedback along the lines of “Great watch, I’d buy one”, then it could well work.

At the end of the day, even if I did have the funds for that kind of watch, I’d want to see the finished product first before committing. There again, I may just be too conservative ::shy::

M'Bob likes this.