Forums Latest Members

50 year old Seiko who would have ever thunk "thought"

1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 21, 2019

50 year old Seiko who would have thunk it

Back to wearing this KS. The more I play around with this watch. The time keeping on the watch is awesome. I have been wearing the watch on and off for six days leaving the watch dial up when not wearing the watch.

Over six days the watch is keeping time at +3 seconds and holding I’m amazed at this Every time I check the time against the time on my pc the time is right on at +3 seconds. To me this is very impressive.

20190721_052331.jpg
    michael22, Spruce, SeanO and 3 others like this.
  2. Wryfox Jul 22, 2019

I have several 1960s Seikos. One I bought at a flea market lost only one second in four days.

They are the only watches I own that start ticking the second I pick them up, even before winding. Just the rotor moving when picking up.

voere likes this.
  3. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 22, 2019

This KS amazes me with an unknown service history it can run this good

This KS was sitting in one of my junk boxes. Several years ago, I picked up about a dozen vintage Seiko’s in one lot. I wound the watch went to set the time and date and the crown backed off the stem So back into the box it went. About a week ago I figured it was time to fix the issue. It’s a front loader I had to remove the bezel, crystal and movement ring to release the stem.

I put the stem into a pin vice and tightened the crown. I put the watch back together. All appeared ok. No luck about 24 revolutions of the hands to set the time and date. The crown backed off the stem. I took the watch back apart this time I used blue Loctite on the stem. Let the watch set for 24 hours put it back together and all is well.

I need to sort out the original bracelet. I’m missing one end piece and one end of the bracelet is broken where it fit into the end piece. I do not have anything close to use as an end piece. I probably can make one from scratch Before I do, I’ll stop in at a local supply house and see if I can match up an end piece close enough that can modify to make the bracelet whole and useable. I was checking out other Seiko’s I have nothing comes close enough to make the end pieces work

Sometimes messing around with old beaters are more of a hassle then they are worth.

20190720_085423.jpg
    Edited Jul 22, 2019
  4. Professor Jul 24, 2019

After a bit of careful adjustment I got my Soviet era Pobeda to average -2 seconds per seven day week. In a 28 day test, checking accuracy each seven days, it lost exactly 8 seconds.
    If a watch gains or loses more than 5 seconds in 24 hours I feel compelled to make my own adjustment.

I got my HMT SONA to around +2.5 seconds per 24 hours. It had been - 15 per 24.

5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Jul 24, 2019

Good job regulating your watch.

On the KS I posted I have been tempted to weak on the external regulation screw. Since the KS is running very well, I’m going to leave well enough alone. Interesting regulating feature on the KS watches.

20190724_070228.jpg
    Humptymarsbar likes this.