Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonasz Jan 17, 2023

Hi everyone

This is my grandpa's Omega watch (two attached pictures). He showed me the watch last week and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm going to be honest and tell you that I personally don't know a lot about Omega watches. So I decided to google the watch. I could not find one exact match ,or anything about a chronograph divemaster 007 watch. The 40th anniversary was in 2002, so supposedly the watch is pretty old. The question now is if this is an authentic watch. It seems like it in my opinion but I really don't know. So that's why I'm here. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

omega back.png omega.PNG

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2023

That is a counterfeit, there is no Bond watch based on a Seamaster Chronograph like that at all I’m afraid.

3. Jonasz Jan 17, 2023

Yeah I suspected that too, just have no clue where my grandpa got a counterfeit from all that time ago. But thanks anyway

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2023

Its much more recent than that because the watch its trying to copy is from 2013, but they’ve mismatched that newer design with a bond LE that happened many years earlier, its likely quite a recent acquisition, but yea entirely fake.

5. Jonasz Jan 17, 2023

Oh wauw. Thanks for the info. Gonna tell my grandpa :)

6. mbp Jan 17, 2023

Get him the real thing :D

7. BarbVl Jan 18, 2023

I am sorry to hear that your grandpa was scammed. I hope that he did not pay a lot of money for that one.