Forums Latest Members

3D Printing : boxy watch winder replacement domes

1. perks713 Jul 5, 2020

Hey all,
    I’m curious if anyone has used 3D printing to replace hard to find parts for watches or watch accessories. I recently picked up a set of 5 used Boxy Watch Winders (Brookstone versions) and I’m trying to find acrylic domes for them. I tried ordering some from watch-tools.de but they canceled my order, I’m guessing they either didn’t have them or didn’t want to deal with shipping to the US. I’ll try and reach out to them tomorrow to confirm. If anyone happens to know where to find some other than eBay let me know :)

I have a few friends at work that are quite into 3D printing and I’ve started talking with them about printing replacement domes. Of course I’ll need to purchase at least one from eBay so that they have something to design from but it seems like it could be a great option for 3D printing. I love where 3D printing is going and it’ll be amazing if people can reproduce hard to find movement parts in the future.

This is a neat project someone did a couple years back: https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/design/amp20661655/tourbillion-3d-printed-watch/