Forums Latest Members
  1. sweets Feb 28, 2019

I thought I would post this here as the most appropriate place.
    I have recently bought a spare set of Broadarrow hands for my 3594 with the sole purpose of completing this mod, so improve the legibility and add a bit more vintage feel to the watch. What do you guys think?

Before - this photo shows just what happens with flat silver Broadarrow hands, they reflect whatever is in front of them.
    In this case, on the left it is awhite piece of card under the camera - hands visible.
    On the right, the only change is replacing the white card with black - hands disappeared.

[​IMG]

So now I have had the hands painted white - check the difference (black card left, white card right this time). No disappearing.

[​IMG]

I am really happy with this mod, for me it makes the most of one of the more stylish aspects of the 3594, the hands, and it allows the understated dial (applied Omega, no "professional") to play a more supporting role.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave

2. Vintagewtchzilla Feb 28, 2019

if u paint also dial white u could see this also better :thumbsup:

watchesiseek likes this.
  3. sweets Feb 28, 2019

Yes, I could see the dial better, but not the hands on it. Legibility is all about contrast. White on black or black on white.

4. Ssunnylee24 Feb 28, 2019

Beautifully done.
    I have the same exact issue with my FOIS hands, perhaps after getting them painted, it might look as good as yours.
    Where did you get this done?
    Also, can a reputable watchmaker (shop i.e LA watchworks) get hands and dial painted?

Thanks

ext1 likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Feb 28, 2019

That works really well. Nice one @sweets :thumbsup:

Drawn8 likes this.
  6. sweets Feb 28, 2019

Thanks gents. I am in the UK and I asked one of the guys I regularly use for re-luming work to undertake this mod for me, with a set of hands I bought off E-Bay, because (unlike many) my 3594 hand set had no corrosion at all and I wanted to keep them original just in case the mod didn't work. Luckily it does.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  7. ext1 Feb 28, 2019

Huh...this looks surprisingly good! Never thought about doing this. How did you get someone to do it for you? Every time I had a speedy mod idea every watchmaker avoided me like the plague...:D

8. Inpw Mar 1, 2019

That's a great idea. If I wasn't worried about originality, I'd do the same on my trilogy SM. Mirror polished hands are just not very useful on a tool watch.

tyrantlizardrex and Ssunnylee24 like this.