Forums Latest Members
  1. asrnj77 Apr 13, 2019

My watch seems to be accurate when I’m wearing it (fully wound). I haven’t had it on a machine and this is just comparing it to my phone clock. However at night I rest it crystal up and in the morning it’s typically 2 minutes fast. That doesn’t seem normal of course but since it’s been accurate while wearing it I haven’t been in a rush to take it to the shop.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this? I thought it could be magnetized but then it would probably run fast all the time, right?

Thanks for any advice!

2. OWa Apr 13, 2019

It is just a sign that you should not stop wearing your Speedy ;)

How long do you have it? How long is it behaving like this? When was your last service?

3. 77deluxe Apr 13, 2019

It needs a service. De-magnetized?

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 13, 2019

1 - Are you winding it once a day?
    2 - How long since last service?
    3 - Check it against a better time source...

5. asrnj77 Apr 13, 2019

I alternate watches but just got back from a week long work trip where I wore the watch daily. I take it off before bed and would top off the winding every morning after adjusting the time (usually 2 min fast overnight). I don’t know the service history (I haven’t had it serviced since I’ve owned it during the past 18 months).

I think I’ll take it by the watchmaker and put it on the time-o-graph to get some readings. I’ll update once I get some details. The crazy thing is that it seems to remain accurate while I wear it.

6. Blued Apr 13, 2019

It appears that... time flies when you're having fun!

I'll let myself out...

images.jpeg
    asrnj77 likes this.
  7. asrnj77 Apr 20, 2019

UPDATE: it went to the watchmaker and was put on the time-o-grapher. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the readings. The watchmaker adjusted it though and said to wear it for a week and see how it goes. If it wasn’t running right they’d perform a full service. So far so good though. Seems that post-adjustment its running great and keeping time. I guess this means it was always running fast and I just didn’t notice it until it would sit untouched overnight.