3330 Caliber - regulation

Hi folks

I have two items I was wondering if somebody could advise me on... regarding my Speedmaster Racing co-axial.
I have been using "Toolwatch" (a neat tool for recording watch accuracy) to check my Speedmaster.
So over then last several days the watch has been gaining 4.4 seconds per day consistently, while on the wrist.
This is chronometer certified watch, so within -4 / +6 COSC specifications but I find this gain a bit too much.

Ideally I would like to get this to +1 or +2 per day, which should be possible.
I managed to regulate my Longines (which has ETA7753/L683.2 caliber) to within this accuracy, which is not COSC.
The Longines has a micro adjuster and a -/+ scale to help guide, so far more user friendly on this point.

The 3330 uses the same ETA7753 base, however has no such micro adjuster and no -/+ guide.
Is there any special considerations with the 3330 for regulation? I assume a super small nudge anti-clockwise on the regulator would slow the watch down (same as with the L683.2).
Please observe the first attached photo...

Then, on a separate topic, please observe the second photo.
I have spotted some scuffs (within the red circle), just wondering if this is normal or an indication of some wrong doings by somebody with no skills.

Looking forward to some helpful advise.
All positive input is welcome 😀

thanks in advance folks.
Edited:

I suggest you familiarise yourself with "free sprung balance".

Even I would be reluctant to attempt to regulate this caliber.

I have regulated my Speedmaster's 1863 and an ETA 2840 and some kind of Chinese thing. The first two were successful. The last one, not so much. It was sold on eBay as "not running" LOL.

I wouldn't worry about those scuffs, probably just the back scraping along the case.

That is not the regulator, but the stud carrier - you do not want to move this.

To regulate the watch, you would need a specific Omega tool that is used to turn two screws on the rim of the balance like this one:

Omega Co-Axial balance adjustment of the balance screws – WatchMakerShop.com

Unclear if this is a genuine Omega version or some copy - looks like a copy based on the one I have from Omega.

Even if you have experience doing this on another watch, such as a Rolex for example, doing this on a co-axial movement is different. If you move the balance in the wrong way at the wrong time, you can damage the balance or pallet fork. The two screw must be moved exactly the same amount or you will introduce a poise error.

Based on the questions you are asking, I don't think this is a DIY job for you. You are better off finding a watchmaker who will do this for you.

To regulate the watch, you would need a specific Omega tool that is used to turn two screws on the rim of the balance like this one:

Unclear if this is a genuine Omega version or some copy - looks like a copy based on the one I have from Omega.

Even if you have experience doing this on another watch, such as a Rolex for example, doing this on a co-axial movement is different. If you move the balance in the wrong way at the wrong time, you can damage the balance or pallet fork. The two screw must be moved exactly the same amount or you will introduce a poise error.

Based on the questions you are asking, I don't think this is a DIY job for you. You are better off finding a watchmaker who will do this for you.

Hi Archer
You are spot on, I shall not be having a go at this myself. I know enough to know what not to do. Thanks for the info and advise, I’ll make do with +4.4 spd.

I am interested in you suggestion that this is a copy. Please can you elaborate?
This watch has been authenticated so if you believe this could be a copy I’d like to know more.

thanks so far

Hi Archer
You are spot on, I shall not be having a go at this myself. I know enough to know what not to do. Thanks for the info and advise, I’ll make do with +4.4 spd.

I am interested in you suggestion that this is a copy. Please can you elaborate?
This watch has been authenticated so if you believe this could be a copy I’d like to know more.

thanks so far

Referring to the tool, not your watch...

Referring to the tool, not your watch...

Ok. Gotcha.
Where are you based Archer, if you don’t mind me asking and are you still working “professionally” on watches?

Ok. Gotcha.
Where are you based Archer, if you don’t mind me asking and are you still working “professionally” on watches?

In Canada, and yes I still service watches every day...

I completely agree with Al in this one. Only someone with the proper training, experience and tools should be working on a coaxial.
The coaxial movements are capable of amazing results. The 8500 I trained on at Omega ran at exactly +3 over 5 position with a delta of 2. +3 was the target I was given while in class. I personally own a 9300 based Speedmaster that runs the same but over 6.
I’d be happy with +4 and suggest leaving well enough alone.