Forums Latest Members
  1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 19, 2013

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 19, 2013

In my opinion, this watch has a nicely aged, older redial. All other aspects of the watch itself looks good. Hands, case and movement seem OK.

The band is a common eBay replica and isn't original or made by Omega. The buckle is modern gold-plate and I don't know if the logo is correct for one of Omega's contractors. It could be OK. This watch would likely have come with an 18K buckle when new.

The price seems high to me given the redial and some of the other questions I have. Lower the price a bit and it could be a good buy.
    gatorcpa

3. tomvox1 Jan 20, 2013

Agree with gator-- For sure a redial.
    IMHO, much of the value of a vintage watch is in the original dial. Also, I would say the lugs are showing a lot of polish.
    So all ads up to a very overpriced example for what it is, I'd say.
    Best,
    T.

4. NT931 Jan 20, 2013

hi all,
    For my own learning, how do you tell this is a redial? Is it the inconsistent markings on the right subdial (between 30 and 10) which is the red flag? Or something else?

Omega chronographs aren't so common, so I'm trying to train my 'eye' (like the experts here!) to spot the redials, but since they're uncommon, my 'training' is quite slow :(

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 20, 2013

Two things I see.

1. No "Swiss Made" under the 6.

2. Fonts on the two sub-dials don't match.

While these are not definitive, they aren't good signs.
    gatorcpa