Forums Latest Members

2nd Speedy just one month after my first. Bitten by the Speedy bug.

1. mpcdude May 1, 2017

Hey guys!

Just purchased my 2nd Speedy a month after I got my first Speedy which was a Mitsukoshi mod.

Came across this at a good deal and just good not resist. What I love about it compared to the 60th anniversary model is that it does not have faux patina and the price difference is pretty outstanding.

IMG_9135.JPG
  2. Jaacck May 1, 2017

I approve! Maybe post a cheeky photo of the two speedies together :cool:

3. pianomankd May 1, 2017

Yes! Useless without pics!!!

4. levkov May 1, 2017

Lovely piece, congrats. I don't understand it myself how this model doesn't get more appreciation

5. pianomankd May 1, 2017

Sounds silly but, do you think because it's not a "professional", as in doesn't say it on the face?

6. levkov May 1, 2017

This is a 3594.50 isn't it?
    It's a remake of the 2915 with the size inflated to the moonwatch size. Since the 2915 too lacked the "Professional", it shouldn't be a problem on a remake, either.
    Most details, including the hands, the long markers, the applied logo, the old style typography, the hesalite crystal, the steel tachy bezel are all reminiscent of the ever so popular 2915, why not be popular when it grows up a little to be in line with today's trendy large size? The fact it's not a limited edition? One can never predict the market...
    I have to admit though, if I could only have one Speedy, that would surely be (and is, actually) a classic Moonwatch. Then, as a second one I might consider something like this..? :whistling:

7. levkov May 1, 2017

If I had one for a keeper, and not to resell - and feel free to stone me for saying that :whipped: - I might consider having the hour markers and the hands relumed with vanilla superluminova...

8. ClarendonVintage May 1, 2017

The juxtaposition of white, black and silver is very nice indeed.

9. McJamesT May 2, 2017

Lovely watch. Great pic. Enjoy your dynamic duo!

10. pianomankd May 2, 2017

Love the vintage style of this one!