2998-1 on June 11th NYC Phillips auction

The 2998-1 sold for (drumroll) …. $24K.

Someone got an insanely good deal. Anyone here (@Spacefruit?) the lucky new owner, perchance?

did you see the James Garner signed 3647N?

I did, you can see my wristshot on the TAG forum 😁

was my favourite too. It was quite surprising that none of the big magazines talked about it.

Hodinkee has done quite a bit of coverage on it, from pre-auction to the result. It's all over their social media

The 2998-1 sold for (drumroll) …. $24K.

Someone got an insanely good deal.

That's just about exactly what I'd expected. I think at that price it's a good wearer example, no matter the polished case and relumed hands.

That's just about exactly what I'd expected. I think at that price it's a good wearer example, no matter the polished case and relumed hands.
Interesting. Even with relumed hands and some case polishing, that's way below what I would have expected, given the lollipop chrono seconds hand and the base 1000 bezel, which alone can cost over 10K.

Interesting. Even with relumed hands and some case polishing, that's way below what I would have expected, given the lollipop chrono seconds hand and the base 1000 bezel, which alone can cost over 10K.

With buyers premium and taxes it is decent chunk over 30k so not really a steal but still pretty good for a generally correct 2998-1