Forums Latest Members

294 non power reserve dial???

1. Nlytnone Apr 26, 2017

Grabbed this one a few weeks ago, bezel is broken so looking for bezel, missing crown and male stem that connects to female stem. Crystal was broken off not hard to get by previous owner why bezel is broken. The question I have is, Were all 294 models made have the power reserve dial on them?? If so I'll just leave this dial on since finding the correct dial will be almost impossible.
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122433397288Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. JohnSteed Apr 28, 2017

That's likely a donor movement only IF the movement is okay.

3. Nlytnone Apr 28, 2017

The movement is fine, just dirty so I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Will put it away till I can find the right dial and case for the movement. As for the dial I do have another movement 291 that was needing a home.

4. Oku Apr 28, 2017

Finding the right dial will be a tough one. Cases sometimes pop up. Good luck!

5. Hijak Apr 28, 2017

No, all 294s did not have the reserve dial. I recall reading about this here on OF (and discussing it with Dennis) but can't seem to find it at the moment. Here is my reference 9024-2 from ~1959 with a 294 movement...
    Wrist Shot, 05.JPG
    Movement 2.JPG
    09.jpg
    12.jpg
    This watch is in excellent condition except for the loss of enamel in the medallion on the case back, it even still has the original crystal with date magnifier and original scalloped crown (so probably not messed with much), and I believe it to be all original. The watch in questions serial number is only about 20K away from mine so it is from same time period although it looks to have lived a much harder life (parts will not be easy or cheap to find). Hope this is helpful and if I run across the above mentioned thread I'll be sure to post a link here.

adi4, JohnSteed and X350 XJR like this.
  6. Nlytnone Apr 28, 2017

Now that's a beautiful Conquest. Thanks for the info, I did Google 294 Conquest and read the post that Longines had mixed parts, so think I'll just leave it like it is for now.

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. Oku Apr 30, 2017

There is a case in the bay currently:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/112380635782Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    But I cannot see if the numbers of case and caseback match.

8. JohnSteed Apr 30, 2017

No, doesn't seem the correct case for a LCPR IMHO. Compare it to the case what's on this page. Lugs seem not the same, yeah?

9. Nlytnone Apr 30, 2017

Thanks, am watching this one. But it's for a 19ASD, still might get it but not at $300. Wish there was a case number reference list, want to make sure I get the correct case.

10. JohnSteed Apr 30, 2017

Yeah That's understandable .... just be careful to check shape of the Lugs. We've seen dealers and eBay sellers claim a watch is a LCPR when it's not

A few LCPRS have come up for sale so keep yer eyes peeled ;)

11. Oku Apr 30, 2017

yes, lugs are not the same. You're right. Deluded by the fish on the back....