Forums Latest Members
  1. theluckyluke Jan 29, 2023

Hello!

My first post here after having spent a few months scrolling through a number of threads... this forum has incredibly resourceful material... and I thought this was a good time to get into some practice.

I'd like some advice on the watch below, which is on auction. Just to mention that I am not looking for the perfect collector watch (obviously!), rather for a nice watch for a daily wear. I take this as a good opportunity to get some 'practical' advice on a watch I have done some research on before posting, so I can learn some tips and understand where I am missing things.

It's a reference 2800-3P, cal. 266.
    I did a fair bit of research and couldn't find the exact same watch with the same reference and the same dial anywhere. There was a similar reference sold on the forum a while ago (see here). Using this as a reference, the only differences I can see are:
    - The Omega logo is a little bit more rounded
    - The "3" has a tiny difference as well in the font
    - The "1" from the 12 mark is slightly off - but I have seen a number of example where some things move
    - The minute marks seem to have disappeared, which is not really something I have seen on the "black dials" omega thread. That said, I have the impression I can see some remains of these, especially at the bottom of the dial.
    - The font has faded a bit, which is usual for the honeycomb dials.

For the case, I think this is polished (I'd say especially on the top), but I find it really difficult to assess on these lugs, which haven't got the sharpest edges to start with. Any tips you can give me to spot this better?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Edited Jan 30, 2023
  2. theluckyluke Jan 30, 2023

3. WatchHeaven44 Jan 31, 2023

It is a nice looking watch. BUT this is a dial swap imo, never seen a rose gold dial on this steel case.
    The minutes hand should stop in front of the hour markers, it looks weird to me.
    Id be careful on this one. May i ask where the watch is located?
    Have you checked the crown?

theluckyluke likes this.
  4. theluckyluke Jan 31, 2023

Thanks. The auction ended yesterday (I didn't bid in the end). The link is here for reference. https://www.ebay.es/itm/18574539656...MTAdfa1SZC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Watch was in Spain.

I couldn't honestly tell the difference with the 2800-2P watch from the private sale forum (link in previous message), which I take as a reference for authenticity. The minute hand also goes all the way on that one.