Forums Latest Members
  1. btjohnson3811 Mar 13, 2016

Found a 2561.80 Seamaster Pro Quartz and purchased it off ebay. The watch is in immaculate condition so I didn't realize that it is 16 years old or so when I bought. The seller just resells these and does not know the last date of service. What kind of servicing can I expect to pay for this when it comes in and how much will that typically cost? Thanks! What is a typical price range of these in "very good" condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...%2BJ95Bzvg09Q4BCmnakI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. WatchVaultNYC Mar 13, 2016

You bought it from me off the 'Bay. It was an auction that started off at 1 cent, no reserve. So I figure you got a price as fair as can be :thumbsup:

You got the watch at $300-$400 below my average transaction price for this model - so you did good.

Shipped today, thanks for buying!

Edited Mar 13, 2016
    Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 14, 2016

Advice often given here by me (and others) is that without proof (not just a seller's word) of recent service, you should always count on getting one done when you buy a watch. In this case you are somewhat lucky in that being a quartz watch, my advice would be to use it until it stops working, or it goes through batteries faster than you are willing to replace them. Quartz watches do not suffer from the sort of wear that a mechanical watch does with lack of service. If the movement has a problem (for example too much consumption) then it's often cheaper just to replace the movement than it is to service it.

No regarding what it would cost for this watch, it really depends on what you want done. In my view it's not exactly immaculate, so the bezel insert faded and scratched, second hand faded, and it's not been tested for water resistance. So if you wanted to bring it back to truly new condition (not condition that could have been from someone wearing it occasionally in the sun...LOL) then you would need a new bezel ($300 ish), new second hand ($15), new case tube and crown ($50), and new HEV ($75), new case back gasket and some labour...

Cheers, Al