2254 back from service

Hi all,

I just collected my Peter Blake back from service at Omega. 1.5 months delay ; it cost me €750 for the service + € 280 to change the bezel.

The watch keeps good time now and is in good shape, I can clearly feel a difference when winding it - a service was really needed.

There are however a few things that are bothering me and I think I will send it back under warranty ; before contacting my OB, I would like to know what you guys think.

First the bezel : The new one is not aligned anymore (bezel insert is not aligned with the scalloped edges of the bezel (the red lines are on the edges of the bezel)

bezel 2.jpg

The former bezel was clearly aligned , with the edge positiones at 12 o'clock

bezel ancien.jpg

Its it common that replacement bezels are misaligned like that ? For €280 I would expect better care & quality.

Second, the Helium escape valve
Before I sent it for service, the Helium escape valve was sitting right against the case when closed, without any space. Now there is a small gap which is visible. They changed both the HE "crown" and its socket, and it seems that now the socket is not as deeply mounted in the case (sorry if i don't use the right terms).
It is visually annoying (the HE valve protrudes more) and I am wondering also about water resistance.
Do you think I should ask for a rework of this part ?

HE Valve.jpg

Third, the hour hand
It seems there is very little space between the hour hand and the 12 o'clock lume plot (really the size of a thin hair and I even wonder if it doesn't actually touch it). The hour hand seems to be bent slightly downwards in the direction of the dial. On my other watches I have the impression that the hand sits a little higher with regard to teh dial.
Is it common to have the hand very close to the lume plot ?
hourhand.jpg
And that's it for now ... I hope I won't find anything else.

Thank you for your comments

Hello, my own PB is due for full service too. Was yours serviced in Bienne Switzerland, or with your country Omega official distributor’s? Thx.

Not sure (it's not mentioned on the invoice) but when I gave it at the OB, they said that since it was not a complex movement it would probably be sent to a local service center (i am based in France).
Maybe they have better quality check in Bienne

While these are valid issues and would drive some people crazy (including myself), they are all likely within tolerance.

I’ve seen brand new Seamasters with protruding He valves like your watch. I’ve also seen countless examples with bezels that don’t align with the scalloping.

I’d absolutely try to get the He valve and bezel rectified but I won’t touch the hands. Not worth risking damage to the pinions, dial dust, scratches, alignment issues and so on.

I'll cast my vote for returning the item where the service was performed. While many may not care, with my personality, I would immediately flash to these "features" each time I looked at the watch. Life's too short. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Not sure (it's not mentioned on the invoice) but when I gave it at the OB, they said that since it was not a complex movement it would probably be sent to a local service center (i am based in France).
Maybe they have better quality check in Bienne
Thx for sharing Z3. From personal experience with even older Omega divers in Bienne, service takes a few months but the results were top notch. But then I had spefically requested to do the service “at home”. Official prices are on Omega’s site plus shipping cost via Omega official importer. I’m gonna insist on same procedure with my PB following your report.

Beautiful watch, but you should not accept that bezel insert or that He valve. My valve don`t protrude that much even when fully open. That hour hand looks like its going to dig into the lume plots! Return it!

Thank you all for your repiles. I called the boutique this week, they agree to take it back.
Will keep you posted