2200.51.00 Seamaster Planet Ocean

1. ReubenC Feb 1, 2015

$_20.JPG
  2. ReubenC Feb 1, 2015

$_20.JPG
  3. ReubenC Feb 1, 2015

Shame about the poor quality photos

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 1, 2015

Ya, would be better if there were some better pics. Not a bad price. I have the one with all white numbers. I have a 7.25" wrist and it works well for me.

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 1, 2015

Also, it is not the latest 2500 movement (d) but neither is mine and it works great for me.

6. ReubenC Feb 1, 2015

Are the ones with red/orange numbers in anyway rarer than the white numbers?

7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 1, 2015

No. It's a standard. I have the 2500d great watch. Wears well. 8500 cal is arguably superior, but it adds a thickness that requires some commitment to wear, specially at 45.5, while the 2500' remain more elegant. Wears well on stainless, and extremely well on straps. 3000 is high for anything other than a D movement, and even then. You can negotiate for sure.

I would drop by a store and try one on. The watch is great, but you have to know what you're wearing and many are not used to these watches. If you do like it, it's a good watch.

Lastly, 45.5 with orange numerals is on my opinion a second or third watch, not a primary. If it's your only watch I would choose a 42 mm or bellow or a more flexible and less sporty model ( without the orange)

My 2 cents. Here's mine

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    ReubenC likes this.
  8. ReubenC Feb 2, 2015

Was just reading on another forum re 2500c vs 2500d movements, they say it is possible to check whether or not its a C or a D from the date window.

In the D will have a notch onto or the "1" as above in Sergios photos and the C will have a straight "1" like the photo i posted from the sellers page.

Can anyone confirm this to be correct?

Is the 2500c a movement to keep well away from?

Cheers

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

You are correct.

On the 2500 c being something to keep away from...no. Many do keep away from it and it certainly carries different value, but my feeling is at this point if you get a 2500c that is keeping time and not having issues then you are safe. Enough time has passed that any defects on a C movement ( or a or b or d) would show. This is just an opinion, the watch makers in the forum may be able to give more specific direction.

Also, watches like the LMLE that have the 2500c movement are still among the most desirable and collectable modern omega seamasters, certainly the most desirable PO. And no owner of a LMLE, me included, complains about it or passes on the watch because of the movement.

2500 c is a great movement, and at the time it was the best you could get from Omega ETA movements and that's saying something.....2500d is just the "last" of that series and like everything else one would always tend to want the latest version if possible.

So, IMO, having the opportunity get the D, but if you find a watch you like at the price you like and it's a C, don't turn your back on it just because it's a C. Specially if it has been serviced and/ or is not showing any signs of mechanical issues.

Edited Feb 2, 2015
    ReubenC likes this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

as s side note; ask for better pictures in focus. Just as a matter of due diligence. Many here will spot a fake a mile away if decent pics of the front, crowns and back are provided. Not too much to ask when considering a 3000 purchase. If he doesn't want to provide them then don't buy.

11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 2, 2015

$3000 in aus dollars, and this converts to $2300? If $3000 USD, way too high.

12. ReubenC Feb 2, 2015

$3000 aus

Was going to try to get him down to about $2300 aus.

I'm going to have a look today, I'm in Tasmania and its pretty rare to see a "high end" watch little own one for sale hence the reason I am curious about this one.

Thanks for all the opinions, much appreciated

Reuben

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

Oh, if it's 2300 US it's a good price. If you get him down to 2300 Aus $ then that is a good buy

Just looked at the add...I would take it. Hell I took one like it already and payd more than that and am happy!!