Forums Latest Members
  1. DIV Apr 19, 2021

I can’t believe there isn’t a proper discussion thread about this yet!
    I was inisitally excited about the previous Seamaster 300MC when it was released in 2014, but when I tried it on at my OB, it was way to thick and too shiny for my tastes.
    I owned the Trilogy version Seamaster 300 for about a year and really liked it.
    At the time, I speculated that the future normal Seamaster 300 was going to take many design cues from the Trilogy bpversion and I was right (female end link, reverse polish on the bracelet links, shallower coinedge bezel, more domed crystal)

I am pretty excited about this new version and look forward to trying it on my wrist at my OB.
    I like the tapered bracelet, the new dial and lollipop hand. I’m hoping the lug to lug is smaller to make the 41mm case feel less bulky.
    If I pull the trigger, something from my humble collection will probably have to go to fund the purchase (my Trilogy Railmaster:(), so the Seamaster would really have to check many boxes.

What does everyone think about the new Seamaster 300?

owl., Axel Brass and KstateSkier like this.
  2. ClemsonTC Apr 19, 2021

I like all of the adjustments (i.e., "improvements" IMO) to the latest version, especially that the fact that it is slightly thinner and slightly shorter lug-to-lug. I am a sucker for ceramic bezels, so I am somewhat torn on the new aluminum bezel although I suppose that goes better with the "vintage" appeal. All three options are winners in my book, but I am leaning towards the blue dial.

owl. and rfcs like this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 19, 2021

Some snaps from a hands on a few weeks ago...

E327EC02-94BD-4535-A4D9-6E9E72BCAA30.jpeg 7EE6AB29-DFB0-4C6F-9A84-727BDE2FE3C9.jpeg 3D2E6A1B-79E3-4F66-85F3-7F94BB36D1FF.jpeg

Maccaloon, M'Bob, owl. and 12 others like this.
  4. zrleopold Apr 19, 2021

I think it is nice. But I think I prefer the ceramic bezel and dial of the older version. That combined with the fact that the new version would be about $3k more expensive makes it a no brainer for me.

018F2D62-1EA7-485F-98BB-7327AB74E021.jpeg
    Maccaloon, Davidt, jpl8800 and 11 others like this.
  5. raclaims Apr 19, 2021

I dig it. I tried on the bronze gold and was sweet

not sure yet which one I’m going to pick tho likely the bronze

E-wotch likes this.
  6. DIV Apr 19, 2021

WOW!
    I can't believe how much larger the SM300MC looks when compared to the Trilogy version. Although some of it is due to the up close photograph and how the thicker 300MC is closer to the lens than the Trilogy version....but still.
    I guess I'm grown to prefer smaller watches....I do look forward to trying it on to see for sure.
    thanks for posting.

david5807, Axel Brass and wagudc like this.
  7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 19, 2021

hard to beat the original...the new Seamaster looked great in the Omega Images, but seeing the images here im not a fan.

L1020787.jpg
    ACTmike, Davidt, Axel Brass and 11 others like this.
  8. s2000_driver Apr 19, 2021

The new version is very comfortable on small wrists. The bracelet taper is a plus. The domed crystal helps - it allows for more weight of the watch to be closer to the wrist. Overall, thoughtful design updates.

9. dstfno Apr 19, 2021

A year ago I got rid of my 300MC with great expectations for this new version. Now I have the same old watch on order again (plus the new submariner)

Even though my first reaction was positive I dislike many things about the new watch now.

-The color scheme is too uniform and boring. The grey numerals on the dial and bezel made the looks of the older model richer.
    -Sandwich dial on an Omega? I could live with it if it was on a modern watch but on a watch that is supposed to mimic the original?
    -I was hoping for a substantial reduction in thickness. On the wrist the new model doesn't look or feel any thinner at all as the lugs are marginally shorter too. The new bracelet (which in itself is very nice) even makes the watch look bigger.
    -The faux patina on the older model was very subtle and stylish. On this new one it's too much in your face (just like in the Trilogy and No Time To Die)
    -The bigger dial makes the proportions rather weird.

I think there are good things about the new model too but in general I'm very disappointed :(

10. DIV Apr 19, 2021

Yes, the lighting at the OB is always over the top and every watch that I look at there looks too shiny and colors are very stark. I think watches look the best outside on a cloudy day.

clundp and CajunTiger like this.
  11. Gruesome Apr 19, 2021

You were able to order a submariner?

12. DIV Apr 21, 2021

I look forward to the next Seamaster 300 to be released in 2027....I hope it’s thinner, and closer to the Trilogy version....we’ll see...or even better....I’m looking forward to a redesign of the Railmaster...

Scooterino36 likes this.
  13. itsalex Apr 22, 2021

The new version with the sandwich dial is awwwwesome - eugeneadresson's photos get me excited about it every time he posts. Holding off until I get to see it in person but overall loving the updates made to the new model.

14. dstfno Apr 22, 2021

When you're a returning customer it's not that hard actually. Especially the no date sub is "easy" to get when compared to other sports models.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to receiving my previous generation 300 :)

15. timoss Apr 22, 2021

New one is nicer to me--it's a more modern-looking interpretation rather than a "copy" of an old design.

16. rfcs Apr 22, 2021

Me too. But I have a new model 38 AT blue dial so it’s hard to justify purchasing a new 300m. I’m on the ropes.

ClemsonTC likes this.
  17. rfcs Apr 22, 2021

Axel Brass and mcahill10 like this.
  18. foxtrot Apr 23, 2021

I will not discard the new models, there are so many changes...improvements...less text...thinner...blue(inox)...bronze-gold (so nice!)..better color matching overall....etc...needs some time to discover all the new facts.

paulie8777 likes this.
  19. juni78 Apr 23, 2021

do not discard them partner, maybe they do not have the vintage charm.
    but this is amazing to me.
    https://guardatiempos.com/nuevo-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-tokyo-2020/
    I loveee

20. DIV Apr 24, 2021

Finally!....a good look at the clasp in this video:

Mach, johnborsellino and E-wotch like this.