Forums Latest Members

SOLD 2015 Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Limited Edition

1. repoman Nov 8, 2020

From my personal collection, I am offering for sale a limited edition 45th Anniversary Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Speedmaster, one of 1970 limited edition pieces offered in 2015. I purchased this watch new from the Omega Boutique in San Diego CA and it has been in my personal collection since new. It has been worn infrequently since that time.

It is in very good overall condition, as the photographs will show, and is in perfect operating condition. The watch comes complete with inner box, outer box, cards and sleeve, owners manual, certificate of authenticity, commemorative "Apollo 13 Chronicle" newspaper, silver snoopy pin, microfibre pouch, and original sales receipt. In addition, this watch is limited edition number 0791, which has a unique property when looking at the back of the watch as it reads 1970 in reverse, making for a wonderfully symmetric engraving on the caseback (see photo).

Making this Silver Snoopy set particularly unique and rare, perhaps the only one out of all 1970.... the inner box has been signed by Apollo 13 mission commander James Lovell. The signature is big and bold and includes "Apollo 13" under his name, centered on the top of the inner box in white sharpie permanent ink. In a word... its awesome. I got Jim's signature at a 50th Anniversary Gemini 12 Gala and signing event in November 2016, and took a picture of Jim immediately after he signed the box, to show the provenance, photo included below. There's a good story that goes along with this that I will share with the buyer. It's also worth noting, Jim is 92 years old, he hasn't done any signings this year, and is not likely to do any more going forward.

If you are seriously considering buying this timepiece I don't need to tell you much more, you know the story, you know the value of these Silver Snoopy's has gone up tremendously, and will continue to in the future. I have my sights set on a very large near term acquisition and I'm selling several watches from my personal collection to fund this new purchase.

I am asking $37,500 USD which includes overnight shipping fully insured anywhere in North America.

International shipping will be at buyers expense. Payment via bank wire, cashiers check, transferwise, paypal, or cash in person. I am located in Las Vegas NV, and I travel frequently to southern California. I can provide numerous references and have bought and sold watches on omegaforums and rolexforums, as well as from numerous well established dealers both brick/mortar and online. I can provide additional photos to serious buyers upon request, as well as discuss the watch via phone, or zoom. DM me here on Omegaforums if interested. Given the high value of this timepiece, I will offer a 48 hour buyers remorse return policy: if within 48 hours after receiving the watch, the buyer wishes to return it to me in exactly the same condition, and completeness, I will issue a refund for the purchase price of the watch, minus all shipping costs.
    SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-2.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-15.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-18.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-12.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-3.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-4.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-5.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-6.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-19.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-7.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-8.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-14.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-19.jpg SpeedmasterSnoopy-2-13.jpg

2. repoman Nov 15, 2020

Quite a bit of interest, several offers but not quite closed a deal yet. Several folks have offered up trades and trades+cash, and although I am focused on an outright sale given this is to fund a new purchase, I can consider cash+trades for Speedmasters only which would be brokered through a trusted third party Speedmaster reseller. Apologies that I must decline trades for any other brands/models as I simply don't know enough about other watches to make intelligent agreements :)

Edited Nov 15, 2020
    Louie455 likes this.
  3. repoman Nov 15, 2020

And just like that....

On hold pending funds.

Taddyangle, Kmart, Pazzo and 3 others like this.
  4. repoman Nov 20, 2020

Sold! Thank you Omega Forums, and thank you to the buyer.

Taddyangle, DRjre086 and tpatta like this.
  5. mactab Nov 26, 2020

What a purchase
    Stunning