Forums Latest Members
  1. Foxy100 Mar 21, 2019

I've hit 200 posts, in fits and starts and in a very slapdash way! My Omega (and watch) collection has changed somewhat drastically over the last year, so how about a SOTC post?

The current collection looks like this:

Four Speedies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Blue, Flightmaster 911 and 1000M:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first proper watch, a 2531.80:

[​IMG]

And a TC1:

[​IMG]

Jamgantenk, flw, GregH and 15 others like this.
  2. Foxy100 Mar 21, 2019

But sadly these had to go. I wasn’t wearing them (although the Marine Chronometer in particular was a difficult one to part from), I finally decided I needed to spend some money on my cars (new wheels and tyres plus some more performance modifications on my old Healey and again some more performance upgrades to my MX-5) plus for some time I’d wanted a Flightmaster 911, Omega Skywalker X33 and Hi-Beat Grand Seiko. I also sold a Heuer Montreal, Seiko 6105-8110 and a couple of other watches.

So, this lot went to new owners in the last 12 months:

Stardust. It really was lovely, and had had a full STS restoration:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That Marine Chronometer (it came with all its original paperwork and box too):

[​IMG]

Montreal:

[​IMG]

Fully restored ElectroQuartz:

[​IMG]

Non-Jedi:

[​IMG]

F300:

[​IMG]

Sigh…

[​IMG]

Here’s what came in (the 125 was new last year too):

[​IMG]

And the new alloy Dunlop wheels (and Michelin XAS tyres that look the part) on my Healey:

[​IMG]

And wrapped up in there is the new Torsen limited slip differential for the MX-5, going in next month along with a few other choice upgrades in advance of a 240bhp turbo upgrade (well, unless I fit throttle bodies…). There’s a mild race diff going in the Healey too, along with some better upgraded brakes.

[​IMG]

3. Foxy100 Mar 21, 2019

And while you’re here, some watches now gone (but definitely not forgotten):

PloProf:

[​IMG]

Pre-moon 861 with a load of NASA engineer history (ex-Chuck Maddox, I couldn’t sell it for love nor money in around 2010 until eventually someone came along!):

[​IMG]

’68 transitional:

[​IMG]

Mk2, a very big regret in hindsight (sold for £650 in about 2011, needed a service and that was it…):

[​IMG]

Megaquartz:

[​IMG]

200:

[​IMG]

2254, sold it once after a full service, bought it back because I missed it but in the year it had been away someone had clearly been using it to hammer in nails. I was so upset I sold it again:

[​IMG]

Mmm, gold and brown…

[​IMG]

Baby PloProf:

[​IMG]

I think that’s it…

Edited Mar 21, 2019
    Jamgantenk, flw, GregH and 7 others like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Mar 21, 2019

Really loving your taste in watches, some beauties there that have since been moved on (I'm lucky enough to know the buyer of your electroquartz so have tried that on and love it!).

Funny enough I've had to almost stop posting as I'm wanting to do an 1000th post SOTC but I think this reply might have just carried me over, I couldn't resist though.[EDIT]Ah that's 999 posts now! Looks like I've reached my limit, haha.

On of the watches I'm awaiting return of is a Megaquartz very similar to your TV dial, is with STS and I'm spending way more than the watch is worth but I just love the thing so to hell with it. Watch this space as it'll be amoung my SOTC when I do one.

My dream car had always been a Healey, the prices have rocketed in recent years though so highly doubt I'll ever see that one fulfilled .

Thanks for the great pics and keep enjoying!

5. Foxy100 Mar 21, 2019

Thank you!

The EQ is a lovely watch but I just wasn't wearing it, I mostly wear 1960s/1970s chronographs and was quite tough with what I wanted to keep and what would be sold. I'm still trying to decide if I'd be mad to sell my Big Blue, but I love the 1000M too much and am still being realistic about where the collection should go.

I liked my MQ but as always, there was something else pushing it into the background, it didn't last long after I bought the Marine Chronometer and Stardust MQ, both within a few days and a result of me offering on both, thinking I wouldn't get either!

I bought the Healey in 1994 when I was 21 for £9,500. It consumed 17 years of my money (with at least one lengthy phase sitting in a garage rented from the council when I didn't have the money to do anything to it) on the restoration and has been a labour of love. It's an amazing car, and very modified, although it doesn't look it!

Tet likes this.
  6. pweingarten Mar 21, 2019

Congrats on 200...I'm starting to ramp up my contributions here because I'm now on hiatus between jobs...This is more fun...!

Foxy100 likes this.
  7. georgeszaslavsky Mar 21, 2019

congrats on a nice Omega collection and on your 200 posts

Foxy100 likes this.
  8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 21, 2019

Wow. Good on you for getting down to four watches. Especially given the ones that you parted ways with. It is great to hear others share their watch collections stories.

9. Omegafanman Mar 21, 2019

Great collection / nice pictures and story. My 1511 says Hello

mc hammer.jpg
    pweingarten and Foxy100 like this.
  10. prontoprint Mar 21, 2019

Great back history to your collection and the photographs are superb.

Foxy100 likes this.
  11. chronoboy64 Mar 21, 2019

Great collection, thanks for sharing.
    Just for clarification, the Time Computer is not a TC1, but a TC2. The TC1 has only one pusher on the right side.
    Good luck :thumbsup:

Foxy100 likes this.
  12. Foxy100 Mar 25, 2019

Thank you, I knew that, I just hadn't engaged brain (I spent ages calling it a TC1!).

13. ntfromto Mar 30, 2019

Great collection Sir. And I for one am happy to have benefited from your car needing new wheels. Cheers... 2DF8FAC2-8DF9-4DA0-92C4-4000F495264A.jpeg

OmegaP99 and Jamgantenk like this.