Forums Latest Members
  1. htiek Mar 26, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have 2 Omega watches that I was hoping to list here. I am under the 200 post count. Do they grant exceptions, and who might I contact to inquire? I want to get proper permissions first and not break any rules. I read that they grant exceptions sometimes to dealers, but didn't see anything for private sellers.

Thanks for the help

2. Traveler Mar 26, 2018

Halfway through the sticky that says “PLEASE READ”

Exemption to post in the sales section

It is possible to apply for exception from the 200 post rule. We will look at your feedback, references and length of membership and decide appropriately. This is for under 200 posts.
    • Send a message to one of the moderators with proof of feedback to any other transactions on any other forum, this can be WUS, TZ, TRF etc.
    • eBay feedback is good but you need to provide me proof that the eBay account is yours.
    Once your feedback has been submitted the mods will look at it and decide from there if exemptions will be made.

kkt likes this.
  3. htiek Mar 26, 2018

oops! Thought this applied only to certified watch dealers!

Thanks for the help.

4. Traveler Mar 26, 2018

Yes some Watch Dealers should definitely be certified .... ::screwloose::

kkt, ConElPueblo, Spacefruit and 5 others like this.
  5. jv91 Mar 26, 2018

lmao, seriously...did you guys see that kid on instagram on Sunday with the fake ultraman??

Don Bocadillo likes this.
  6. bloomy Mar 26, 2018

Sounds epic, got a link?

Meme-Dweller and rb10chris like this.
  7. Matt87 Mar 29, 2018

I’m Interested too!

8. mr_yossarian Mar 29, 2018

It's not the 200, it's if I want to deal with you because you have sort of a standing. Asking for the exception actually doesn't qualify. You are not trustworthy per what you ask for.

9. mayankyadav Mar 29, 2018

[QUOTE
    • Send a message to one of the moderators with proof of feedback to any other transactions on any other forum, this can be WUS, TZ, TRF etc.
    • eBay feedback is good but you need to provide me proof that the eBay account is yours..[/QUOTE]

I did send messages to some of the mods and one of them said he wil get back to me as soon as possible but I never got any response from him..
    Must have been very few feedbacks that I had..

htiek likes this.
  10. olbez Mar 29, 2018

Link or it didn't happen! :)

11. Kmart Mar 29, 2018

Well they don't just grant sales exceptions to anyone that asks, that would defeat the purpose of the rule. They typically only grant exceptions to people who have established reputations as trusted sellers on other platforms.

mayankyadav likes this.
  12. gostang9 Mar 29, 2018

I have over 1000 posts, can I use 200 of them to post a sales add to sell 200 posts to another 4 people?

13. Huus Mar 30, 2018

If you feel you have to many post and need to get rid of a few, the moderators can reverse your count. Every time you post a message your post count will drop by one.;) Problem solved.

kkt likes this.
  14. rb10chris Mar 30, 2018

your avatar is going to give me nightmares

15. heccsat Apr 4, 2018

I'm also waiting for my 200 to list some watches here, as I'd rather have them within the OF community, but I'm not in a hurry, it will happen sooner or later.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  16. Enchanted Apr 4, 2018

I'm also waiting for my 5 posts to buy some... oops it already happened. :)

17. gostang9 Apr 4, 2018

There you go!

I posted because the idea of joining a Forum to sell watches doesn't make sense to me personally:
    1. I am here for my interest in watches, not as a potential business
    2. I buy watches with intended holding period of 'forever'

I fully appreciate the sales threads on OF and have purchased several watches and related straps, but I did so from long-standing members with post counts far exceeding the 200 minimum. If I see a 'FS' post from someone who hasn't been here long, I am nervous to buy from them because I haven't seen them post much and so I have little knowledge of who they are and what they're about. When new members focus on the number of 'posts' they totally miss the reason most people spend time here and have confidence to buy here.

George.A, htiek, GregH and 5 others like this.
  18. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 4, 2018

No good waiting mate! That won't help!::confused2:: Respond to this and you'll be one post closer.:thumbsup:
    Get involved in the discussions, contribute and get to know the members a bit the 200 post thing will soon be a distant memory.

Edited Apr 4, 2018
    Spacefruit and heccsat like this.
  19. mayankyadav Apr 4, 2018

I am here not to sell, coz I have exactly 2 mechanical watches - one is a brand new speedmaster and another a 1970 Omega Geneve that I bought last week from here and hasnt yet reached me yet. I am not going to sell any of these 2, coz they are my firsts. Speedy is the first mechanical watch and Geneve is the first vintage watch.
    I have several quartz watches like Tommy, Guess, Casio etc. Anyone interested in them ? ...... 20 dollars each::facepalm1::

20. heccsat Apr 4, 2018

Haha. Yes, you are right. :D
    It is just hard sometimes to get involved in a topic that is already thoroughly discussed.