2 x warranty repairs in 3 years.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but sadly my opening post is not a positive one and I'm looking for some help or advice. I won't waffle on too much about how much I love my watch and feel let down by the brand but basically...

I purchased my Seamaster in November 2019 as an earlier Christmas present to myself. In the April of 2021 (at the beginning of the first lockdown) I noticed my watch was losing time. I put it down to not being active and being restricted to the house. I wound it up and the crown felt like it was resisting my turns. The watch stopped again, turning the crown felt very sluggish and sticky. Anyway, the watch wasn't working and due to restrictions, I wasn't able to speak to anyone till the June. I took it back to the boutique and they sent it away under a warranty claim. 16 weeks later my watch was returned (no explanation as to what went wrong). I was glad to have my watch back and didnt push it any further. The watch has been perfect ever since.

So, I've just returned from holiday. I didn't take my watch along with me in case it got damaged or stolen. I left it in the box for safe keeping. So, I wound the watch on return, set the time but left the date as I wasn't sure if it was Am or Pm. My watch worked fine for a day then I looked down and noticed it had lost nearly 3 hours, I tried to wind it again and have the same issue as before. I've rushed it back to the dealer and they have sent it away again (estimated 16 weeks turnaround).

My questions are.

Is this normal?
I'm annoyed, should I be?
I've lost nearly a year of use from the watch.
Can I speak to anyone and voice my frustration? Is it even worth it?
I'm not looking for free stuff but I have no confidence that the watch will be ok post warranty and il be forever shelling out on something.

Any info or guidance on how to handle the situation would be grateful.

Cheers

Adam

This should never happen to a new watch..in your place i would have wear the watch a little longer before sending to service . To keep run for a while ..

You're right to be angry but your situation is uncommon. I hope they can fix it for good this time. If not, you should ask for a new watch.

Have a chat with them and tell them exactly what have happened to make them understand what you’ve been through. They’ll most likely compensate you one way or another.

I’d be annoyed. I’d also want the original proof of service and list of what they did.

I’ll also add that some times stuff breaks or isn’t fixed properly or the replacement part had the same fault as the original. If these kinds of things didn’t happen there wouldn’t be any need for a Warranty on items. Still, I’d be annoyed 😀

I’d be annoyed. I’d also want the original proof of service and list of what they did.

Brands don't don;t usually provide much in the way of information on a warranty service. Omega is no exception in that regard. Often you will get no information, and no replaced parts sent back. Sometimes they will provide these things, but more often than not they don't on warranty repairs.

Good to know, I’d thought I’d seen posts of service records but perhaps those weren't warranty repairs. The only Watch I had that went to Omega came with a list of completed work but that wasn’t for a warranty issue.

Next time (hopefully there isn't a next time) send it directly to Omega and communicate the history. Skip the store and any chance of a communication breakdown.

And best of luck!