Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 15, 2013

One of my all time favorite vintage omegas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2013

And they don't get much crisper than that either, any Rose golds so far?

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 15, 2013

Never seen one. BTW - the case material of the watches above aren't the same!

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2013

Ah! I had assumed the difference was that one was luminous and the other wasn't, so they're not both golden seamasters

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 15, 2013

And on the rose gold front - the closest I have gotten is a rose gold cap date only version - I have 3 of them and these are already quite hard to find. Never seen a solid rose gold version of either the day-date or date version and have not even seen a rose gold cap day-date one.

For the day-date golden seamaster, this may be the only situation where the 18k WG version which is exceedingly rare is at least known to exist while the 18k rose gold version (if it was ever made) has not surfaced to my knowledge. I have spoken about his with other collectors and they haven't seen a solid rose gold version in 20 plus years.

6. mac_omega Jun 15, 2013

Hi all,

my humble contribution to this thread - sorry for the not so perfect picture - Mike obviously has better photographic skills...
    another iteration: 18K YG case with an 18K solid gold dial and Tritium - hence the marking "OM T SWISS MADE T OM"

751_chronom.jpg

enjoy
    erich

7. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 15, 2013

It is interesting how much larger these wear even though they are only 1.5mm wider than the earlier SMs. They have a modern look for such an old watch IMO. I love mine even though it's not a Chronometre and solid gold.

[​IMG]

Hijak likes this.
  8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 18, 2013

These watches are beautiful in all forms - and a properly serviced non-chronometer rated movement can easily be regulated to keep time within chronometer specs.