Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Sep 2, 2013

Just back from my holiday to Crete, it was the first time I have visited the island since I worked there for 4 years in the late 90s.

Things have changed in the village where I worked, but in the surrounding hills and mountains time has stood still and it was great to be back to enjoy and to reminisce about some of the best years of my life which were spent there.

I took the best of both worlds with me, 1 modern and 1 vintage, both Seamasters, PO and a 2913, each suited to the natural island environment and the rigours of a family holiday with two young boys.:D

The PO performed admirably of course, both in and out of the water and as can be seen here, I managed to time this chicken, corn and sausage to perfection using the very smooth unidirectional rotating bezel.

075.JPG

081.JPG

The CK 2913 had a much less strenuous time of it, not actually venturing into the water at all, although it was on my wrist when I got up very early one morning to meet the local boats returning with their catch to harbour. I bought some fish while there, so technically speaking it has actually been on a Mediterranean sea-fishing trip.:D

005.JPG

Here with "our" catch

004.JPG

Again the PO's timekeeping was exemplary and as can be seen at 6 o clock sharp dinner was served.

092.JPG

The sharp eyed amongst you may have noticed the unconventional use of the right wrist in a couple of these photos, but rest assured I am normally a left wrist watch wearing traditionalist and was on a temporary holiday daily wrist rotation schedule purely for even tanning purposes.:p

2. ctime3 Sep 2, 2013

Awesome. Is the newer version a 42mm? I visited Rhodes when I was in highn school. My grandfather was born there. Beautiful place.

3. ctime3 Sep 2, 2013

I had one other question. Do you think the PO is stronger than the aqua terra even though they have the same movement and Si14 in them?

4. Hijak Sep 2, 2013

Nice looking grill there Cristos!:thumbsup: All of a sudden I'm very hungry...

cristos71 likes this.
  5. cristos71 Sep 3, 2013

No, the older at 45.

Sorry, I have no idea.

6. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Sep 3, 2013

It's not every day you see an SM300 lollypop second hand next to a PO. It is always interesting to visit a place you spent a lot of time in during your youth and see the changes. Great pics and I'm hungry too!!

Hijak likes this.