Forums Latest Members
  1. tgcarl Nov 26, 2018

Getting the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 was a great feeling. I'm excited that Christmas is coming & I can show it off.
    Makes me smile just thinkng of works Christmas party.

Anyway, stupidity or nativity on my part meant the thought of return or sale crept in. You'll no doubt laugh or think I'm a complete plonker for the reason.

I got the watch links sorted as you do. Later I felt it was too far up my arm & I wanted it lower near my wrist.
    On doing this it was too loose, so to a local store & remove another link.
    It was then too tight, so back down agan & a link put back. Then back to square one.

In the meantime I got a small cuff for my watch winder to reduce potential of scratches. Whilst putting the watch on I thought I'd broke it. Until of course I looked further & the bracelet can be micro adjusted further without llink removal. Of course I've done this now & perfect.

I know I'm a moron, even I find it hilarious.

If I don't get on pre Christmas, seasons greetings one & all.

EatMan and drhombus24 like this.
  2. ext1 Nov 26, 2018

Congrats- and no need to beat yourself up like that! Let's see some of my stupid newbie mistakes...hmm...I had no idea what taper meant and had a very hard time understanding the notation for 20/18 and 20/16 etc. Then I also didn't understand what OB stood for. Then I wondered at what point do I stop winding the speedy, if I can keep the chrono hand running indefinitely, etc. I think it's safe to say everyone here has had to start from somewhere at some point.

Also...pics are in order ;)

tgcarl likes this.