Forums Latest Members

1998 Omega Dynamic III Chronograph

1. journeyforce Sep 28, 2019

Hello Folks,

I just bought a Omega Dynamic III Chronograph. The serial number dates it to about 1998.

I bought it off the owner of Crown and Buckle. It came band-less. Thomas mentioned he sold the metal bracelet that came on it. (which of course if the metal band is the 20mm version of the one that came on my Omega Dynamic III 3 hander, I was not missing much anyway)

The watch was gotten by him in a trade a few years ago and used off and on. The watch was serviced at Omega back in 2016 and comes with the Omega receipt showing proof it was completely serviced) and it came with a bunch of stuff as Omega completely overhauled it and sent the old parts back

The watch looks good and it is a nice companion to my 3 hand Dynamic from 1997.

I have it on regular 20mm spring bars but I want the Omega ones

Looking on this forum, I keep seeing the part number 068ST2208 as being the one for Omega watches with a 20mm leather Strap

Is 068ST2208 the correct part number for my 20mm Omega Dynamic?

I am not looking for the spring bars which you use with the bracelet as those are 19mm (and I have a set in that little baggy of other parts)

I am also not looking for the curved bars because my nato straps fit fine with regular 20mm bars

Thanks for any help on this

Here are some pics of the watch and replaced parts. These are from the seller

Dynamic 1998 1.jpg Dynamic 1998 2.jpg
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 29, 2019

If your watch lugs are 20mm, and you are using a strap...then the you already have the answer.

3. journeyforce Sep 29, 2019

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to confirm as this is an older watch

4. journeyforce Sep 30, 2019

Well I went to order a couple of pairs for this watch but the springbars are on backorder for a month. I am somewhat shocked, Spring bars are on back order??? Is there any other place to get a couple of pairs of OEM Omega 20mm springbars (Part# 068ST2208)?

There is no boutique in the area

Thanks

5. journeyforce Sep 30, 2019

I just called the closest Omega Boutique in Tysons and they need a Serial Number before they can sell me a springbar as it might not be the correct one. A serial number in order to get a simply spring bar.......

New plan as it looks like I will not be getting a Omega OEM spring bar anytime soon. Is there any good aftermarket springbars that you would recommend?

6. BradleyJ. Oct 1, 2019

It boggles my mind that people can't get omega spring bars based on a few threads posted in the last few weeks and many I've read in the past. I simply walked into an AD and said.... I'd like 4 sets of spring bars, two 19s and a two 20s. I showed them no watches, however I was wearing my seamaster if they noticed and they had no issue ordering me some.

For the record I'm not a spring bar hoarder like some people lmfao. I bought a used SM which had aftermarket bars and my Railmaster bars were worn to hell. Leaving me with 1 set of each as a spare in case some eject into the stratosphere lol.