Forums Latest Members
  1. sierra11b Dec 12, 2015

Dear Omega forumites,

I didn't see an introduction thread so I apologize and will post in that if one exists.

At any rate, I've been around on various forums for awhile under the same handle, and in this twisted game even longer, although likely far shorter than many respected members here. Anything relating to the moon watch has always captivated me for reasons I need not explain here. What can I say? I've been a aviation buff since I could draw an airplane as a kid, and eventually jumped some of the planes I drew which I always found ironic.

I purchased my first 3570.50 back in '00 at a PX and eventually flipped it for slight profit in '10 for my wife's DJ36. It was a sound move at the time and she still cherishes the watch, but I always had intentions on getting her back, so I did just that earlier this year on a circa '13 3570.50, which happens to be my son's birth year... A bonus if he so happens to show an interest as an adult.

But I show interest now for my birth year and have on a casual degree for years browsing... Problem is a '81 birth year reference moonwatch never seem to surface. Why is that? Was '81 a slow speedy production year for Omega? Handfuls of '79,'80, '82, '83, '84s from the usual trusted sellers, but hardly a peep from '81. I had originally thought I should be referencing serials instead of '1981' in the body of a sales post from the usual sellers, but you'd still think it would eventually pass through the hands of the usual suspects who routinely mention the build date in their sales posts. There always seems to be a steady stream of '71 or '72 which always seem available on any given month, but none for the unicorn '81?

Any information as to why that is would be appreciated as well as any promising lead. Perhaps in all these years it's been the luck of the draw but I'm inclined to think production numbers may have been low for 1981, which would give me even more reason to find one.

Thank you for your time,
    Eric

SpikiSpikester and cvalue13 like this.
  2. ysl May 29, 2016