1976 Omega Seamaster 166.0223 help

lPykN97.jpeg Hello,

Im new here and just created this account to ask a few questions about a Omega Seamaster. I apologise in advance if this doesn't fit the forum.

I recently bought a Omega Seamaster ref.166.0223 cal. 1022 and the serial number of the movement is 40262620. The seller was a watchmaker, it runs pretty good and keeps good time so far (around +5 seconds). I found out that the model I apparently from 1976, but thats about it. I can only find one auction listing with the same ref and that's from 2010 where a similar watch sold for HKD 6.600 (around 770€). The case is very unusual, it looks similar to the case Omega used on the Speedmaster MK2 Racing. My watch is 40mm, 44mm lug to lug and 12mm thick. It wears a bit smaller tho. The crown looks replaced, but I've heard this is not unusual for a watch this old. Otherwise, except for some obvious scratches and some small dents it looks very good. I was hoping that someone might know this model and tell me something more, or, the worst case, tells me that it is a bad frankenstein and I got scammed lol.

Please excuse my English and grammar, it is not my first language.

Enclosed some pictures of the watch:

Edit: there are multiple Straps on these pictures. The brown one is the one it came with, and I replaced it for now with a bordeux lizard strap I had on my Seiko Mojito. I ordered a dark green lizard strap and see how it looks with this one.

1YzxlGt.jpeg d4PaxIy.jpeg NLNrhsg.jpeg r6jNP2S r6jNP2S.jpeg PHAD8Q7.jpeg leIhpik.jpeg XPf7w5q.jpeg
Edited:

I can try and get a better picture of the movement, but I have to go to a watchmaker to open the caseback, I don't have the tools at home

That's a beautiful watch. It is not a franken watch. Enjoy it.

That's a beautiful watch. It is not a franken watch. Enjoy it.
Thank you 😀 it wears very nice. I'm already looking for more Vintage Omegas. Maybe a Seamaster Cosmic or DeVille

It's a very nice watch and you weren't "scammed" 😀 It's similar to Seamaster Cosmic 2000.

Looks like it has the original starburst brushing on the case, too. Nice!

I've not had experience with one, but the watch looks to be an absolute stunner!